My girlfriend loves to paint and draw paintings when she is free. I noticed that she would complain of neck pains after she spent long hours drawing. I knew the number one reason for the pain was the fact that she made all these crafts on our dining table. Now, any artist will tell you that you can find amazing drafting tables, which have a wide surface area; which you can change the vertical alignment; which is big enough to place other reference materials, and tools. Therefore, as usual, I went to check a variety of tables that the internet offers us. In this article, we will explore the best drafting tables in the market. Be sure to stick around.
List of Top 9 Best Drafting Tables in 2019
- List of Top 9 Best Drafting Tables in 2019
- #9 Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station in Silver / Blue Glass
- #8 Martin Adjustable Angle Parallel Drawing Board
- #7 Safco Products 3965MO Split Level Drafting Table
- #6 STUDIO DESIGNS 42in Vintage Drafting Table
- #5 STUDIO DESIGNS Graphix II Workstation
- #4 STUDIO DESIGNS Comet Center with Stool Silver / Black 13325
- #3 Coaster Desks Artist Drafting Table Desk
- #2 Studio Designs 10050 Futura Craft Station
- #1 OneSpace 50-CS01 Craft Station, Silver with Blue Glass
Last update on 2019-10-17 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#9 Studio Designs 10053 Vision Craft Station in Silver / Blue Glass
By: Studio Designs
The reason for buying this drafting table was that I could change the vertical alignment up to 70 degrees. This made it easier for me to paint without having to strain my neck. I first encountered this table after viewing a YouTube channel. In fact, after buying the table, I referred to the manuals, including the video, to help me assemble it in the right way. The tabletop is made from tempered glass, which gives it a sleek look. In fact, my wife loves the table because of this fact.
- Tabletop features tampered safety glass top
- Comes with side trays, which are removable, to store drawing supplies
- Working surface is 35.5 inches in width
#8 Martin Adjustable Angle Parallel Drawing Board
The drawing draft, which is aluminum made, is very strong and stable. According to me, I think the aluminum body ensures that it lasts longer. You can adjust the angle of this table to any angle that you prefer. It will stick to that angle without falling. I also love the fact that this drafting table is large; hence, I can place as many drawing materials as I need.
- The resin particle board ensures that the board does not break
- Strong aluminum body
- Different angles to set; also, locking device ensures that the table stays in that position
- The stand is adjustable. You can adjust it to six positions
#7 Safco Products 3965MO Split Level Drafting Table
By: Safco Products
I bought this best drafting table for my small daughter who loves to draw when she finds time after school. When I walked into her room, I was shocked at how well the table was set. It features 3 work surfaces. The top surface is a good platform to place your supplies, drawing tools, and rulers. The surface on the right is an extra drawing surface. Alternatively, you can place your reference material on it. I also find that she adjusted the height so that she could reach the drawing surface on the right. The main drawing surface (working surface on the right) is adjustable. You can adjust the angle to whichever angle you want.
- Height of the table is 37 ¼ inches on full stretch
- Top shelf is suitable for placing your drawing essentials
- The stand is made of a steel frame
#6 STUDIO DESIGNS 42in Vintage Drafting Table
By: Studio Designs
You will not take a lot of time assembling the desk. My son loves this best drafting table because it is large, made of wood- that gives it a vintage feel, the wood has a nice finish for aesthetic purposes. For the drawing surface, you are able to adjust the angle by 90 degrees to even become flat, depending on the mood of that day. The frame, or stand, is made of wood, which makes it strong and stable. You will not also fail to ignore the in-built pencil groove for storing your pencils.
- Hard wood frames
- Great finish
- You can adjust the angle of the table to 90 degrees
- Has an in-built pencil groove
#5 STUDIO DESIGNS Graphix II Workstation
By: Studio Designs
My wife loves to do things all by herself. When this best drafting table arrived, I wanted to assemble all the parts for her. However, she chose not to get intimidated by the disassembled parts and chose to do it herself. The instructions in the manual help you to do it without much difficulty. The screws and parts have numbers on them thus you will take less time to assemble the parts. Additionally, you will not miss to recognize the drawing surfaces. You can adjust the main one to any angle you want while the other remains stationery. I normally see her place her paint and brushes on the stationary one.
- Made from strong steel frame
- Two drawing surfaces- one is stationary while the other one is adjustable
- You can adjust the frame’s height from 30-39 inches
#4 STUDIO DESIGNS Comet Center with Stool Silver / Black 13325
By: Studio Designs
You will be amazed at how perfect this best drawing table is. It comes as a full package including a steel chair, 3 storage shelves, and the adjustment drawing surface. The chair, to begin with, is very strong and has a rubber pad that ensures that you have no scratches on your floor. Storage drawers are big enough to fit all your drawing essentials. There is a lever at the bottom of the table, which can act as a step for comfortability of your feet when you are busy drawing. When I saw this, I knew my best friend would love it because of its durability.
- Steel frames ensure durability
- You can adjust the drawing surface up to 20 degrees
- The package comes with a fully padded stool
- The pencil ledge is 24 inches long
#3 Coaster Desks Artist Drafting Table Desk
By: Coaster Home Furnishings
I loved this drafting table because the glass top provides it with a sleek design, which ensures that I can place a light underneath for tracing pictures. This ensures that I concentrate fully even when I am doing my studies. When I bought it, assembling it was a non-issue. It took me less time to do so. I also noticed that the metal is very solid, which means I can use it for years and years. You have 3 storage trays just under the drawing surface for storing your drawing supplies. I should also add that the gray finish matches with the wall décor in my garage.
- Comes with a gray finish
- Glass top for tracing capabilities
- Strong steel frames
- Weighs 43 pounds hence not that heavy
#2 Studio Designs 10050 Futura Craft Station
By: Studio Designs
I love this drafting table because you can choose to adjust the position of the slide-out drawers. I literally could change the position from the right to the left of the table. You have pencil ledgers, which ensure that your pencil holds on them without falling. This is regardless of the angle of the drawing surface. The glass top is suitable for people who love to trace. You can adjust the angle of the working surface to 35 degrees. The surface is large enough to even fit a map.
- Work surface is 38×24 inches in size
- Slide out drawers are made of plastic
- Angle adjustment is up to 35 degrees
- Glass top made of tempered glass, which is suitable when is tracing
#1 OneSpace 50-CS01 Craft Station, Silver with Blue Glass
My son wanted a drafting table that he could use to draw watercolors. I went online to see if I could find one that suits him, because I know his taste. Fortunately, I came across this best drafting table in the market. He was happy, and I even helped him to assemble the parts. One thing I appreciate this table for is the steel frame, which rises to 49.5 inches high. Additionally, the desktop is tempered glass that can hold up to 130 pounds of weight. My son will typically tilt to a 62.5-degree angle so that he can view the drawing even when he comfortably sits.
- 2 slide-out drawers that act as extra storage facilities
- Steel frame is heavy duty
- Glass top can hold up to 130 pounds of weight
- Measures 41.25 X 24 X 31.5-49.5 inches
Wrapping it Up!
Be sure to select the most appropriate draft table for use. For instance, the OneSpace 50-CS01 Craft Station, Silver with Blue Glass is the best drafting table for anyone who wants something that has a strong build, durable, and can perform various functions such as storage of drawing supplies like pencils.