Listening to music in the outdoors is commonplace. This will happen when hosting an outdoor party, pool party, barbecue, garden wedding, anniversary and many other events. Just like when indoors, people also desire the best music quality.
In order to have a good experience, it’s vital to go for speakers that are suited for the outdoor environment. This is important because of exposure to high winds, light showers, hot sunshine, dust, bird droppings, dirt, changing wind direction and much more. A good speaker should be easy to move and also covers a large area without experiencing sound distortion or interference.
In this top 10 best outdoor wireless speakers in 2018, we take a look at the most versatile and reliable products on offer.
- 10. Polk Audio RC85i Speaker
- 9. Sharkk 2O outdoor Speaker
- 8. Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3XL Speaker
- 7. ZENBRE Bluetooth Speakers
- 6. SoundBot SB571 Outdoor Speaker
- 5. Photive HYDRA Waterproof Speaker
- 4. SoundBot SB510 Portable Speaker
- 3. VicTsing Shower Speaker
- 2. Amazon Tap Alexa-Enabled Portable Speaker
- 1. OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation Portable Speaker
Selecting the Best Outdoor Speakers
You need to pay attention to the following when choosing outdoor wireless speakers:
- Sturdy Construction: Due to exposure to the elements, it’s paramount to go for types with “Bullet-proof’ construction. They will tolerate the hot sun, high winds, dust, moisture and more. Nonetheless, you need to place them under a shade or shelter to extend their lifespan.
- Design: Outdoor wireless speakers come in cylindrical, hexagonal, oblong, standing, ceiling, patio and many other designs. The shape or design will influence the sound environment and ambiance. A good type should easily blend with the outdoor space and the environment.
- Sound Environment: Single-point will do a better job than eaves/patio-only only speaker in a large space. They are omni-directional and feature right and left inputs. Small spaces are suited with floor standing or ceiling speakers.
- Type of Music: Music such as R&B, Rock, Reggae and EDM is known for its bass and is suited with speakers that deliver high-quality bass. On the other hand, instrumental music doesn’t need the heavy-bass effect and one can get away with a speaker that has no subwoofer.
Outdoor Wireless Speakers in 2018
10. Polk Audio RC85i Speaker
This 2-Way in-Wall speaker is constructed from sturdy and moisture resistant material. It is perfect for the outdoors, sauna, bathroom, patio and many other places. It includes 15-degree swivel mounted metalized soft dome tweeter and one 1-inch dynamic balance and has a frequency response of 35Hz – 20 kHz. To produce quality sound, this unit features an 8-inch dynamic cone filled with mineral polymer-composite.
9. Sharkk 2O outdoor Speaker
Playing quality music during the pool party, beach party, or at the garden is assured with this outdoor speaker from Sharkk. With a waterproof rating of IP67, this Bluetooth speaker will resist water and moisture while its multiple connections allow different devices to be connected whether via auxiliary port or Bluetooth. The Bluetooth connectivity range is 100 plus feet while you are guaranteed of seamless music streaming in distances of 60 feet or more.
8. Cambridge Soundworks OontZ Angle 3XL Speaker
People looking for big sound when outdoors should think about the OontZ Angle 3XL speaker. This outdoor speaker produces more than 20 watts of HD sound that will cover large distances and comes with 3 passive subwoofers; 2 on the sides and 1 at the rear that produces high-quality bass. The two custom tweeters together with the 2.75-inch drivers produce distinct and accurate highs, mids and vocal sounds. The IPX5-rated speaker is rainproof, splashproof, dustproof, and sand-proof.
7. ZENBRE Bluetooth Speakers
Suited for both indoor and outdoor use, the ZENBRE Z3 portable speaker produces 10 watts of sound via its two 5W speakers. It comes with boosted resonator for Bass and more than 90db SNR that allows sound to penetrate through cross walls. The Bluetooth speaker features built-in 2600mAh Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that can last up to 20 hours and a quality ABS cover for added protection. Other features include a built-in microphone, sensitive touch button controls, Micro USB Charging, FM radio, TF Card and AUX-IN.
6. SoundBot SB571 Outdoor Speaker
The SoundBot SB571 allows you to enjoy quality sound during the outdoor party, beach or pool party. This portable speaker comes in a sleek and stylish design and features two speakers producing 6 watts each (total 12W). Bluetooth 3.0 provides seamless connectivity to distances of 33 feet and includes a 1000mAh battery that delivers 10 hours of uninterrupted playtime. Crystal clear sound and deep bass is provided by the 2 x 40mm speaker driver while the built-in mic offers you hands-free experience.
5. Photive HYDRA Waterproof Speaker
Rated at IP66, the Photive HYDRA is 100% resistant to water and dust. The Bluetooth speaker comes in rugged and shockproof rubberized exterior and uses superior 4.0 Technology for seamless connectivity. The two 40mm drivers work together with the passive subwoofer to produce excellent sound and volume. On the full charge, the rechargeable lithium-ion battery can last for as many as 8 hours.
4. SoundBot SB510 Portable Speaker
This Portable Bluetooth speaker by SoundBot comes with amazing looks and is also very portable. It’s designed for both outdoor and indoor use and is compatible with tablets (android & iPhone), smartphones, MP3, MP4, iPods and other Bluetooth-enabled devices. High definition sound and seamless connectivity are achieved through Bluetooth 3.0 technology and for hands-free talking, the unit comes with a built-in mic. The waterproof speaker comes with a loudspeaker and easy access control buttons; Volume up, Volume down / fast forward (skip) /Pause, Backward / Play and Power.
3. VicTsing Shower Speaker
Other than use near the shower or bath, the VicTsing speaker is also fit for the beach, garden, and other outdoor uses. It features a built-in 5W speaker that produces great full range stereo and crystal-clear sound. The highly-portable speaker is easy to move around and comes with a shockproof, dustproof and waterproof IPX5 silicon casing. And on full-charge, the built-in rechargeable battery will provide up to 6 hours on nonstop playtime. Also included in the speaker that supports A2DP is a suction cup, aluminum alloy hanging hook, and built-in Mic.
2. Amazon Tap Alexa-Enabled Portable Speaker
This Alexa-Enabled speaker by Amazon is suitable for indoor and outdoor use. The Omni-directional speaker offers 360 degrees of audio and can stream music via Bluetooth or Wifi delivering crystal clear and crisp Dolby sound. Its rechargeable battery offers up to 9 hours of playtime and can also be linked to online music platforms including Amazon Music, TuneIn, Pandora, Spotify, and iHeartRadio.
1. OontZ Angle 3 Next Generation Portable Speaker
Despite its not-so-large size, this portable speaker by Cambridge SoundWorks produces high-quality sound. It’s designed for use outdoors and features able speakers that produce 10 watts of sound. The ultra-portable unit is 5 inches long, 2.8 inches high, weighs 10 ounces and is famed for its distortion-free heavy bass and loud volume. Being waterproof, the Bluetooth speaker can be used along the beach, on the golf course, park, and shower or near the pool.
Listening to quality sound and music in the outdoors is possible with any of the above speakers. They come in wireless form saving you from entangled wires or limited reach due to short wires. The speakers are made from quality material that can withstand the elements and also complements the surrounding. They are versatile and can be used in small and large spaces and come with a range of advanced feature. In addition to comparing the best items of the offer, this top 10 best outdoor wireless speakers in 2018 review will make the search easier and hassle-free.