When do you feel safest in your home? We all have different answers to this question but for me; getting the best outdoor motion sensor lights would give me total peace of mind. These motion sensor lights keep your home safe and secure from any unauthorized entry by sensing any form of motion even in the dark. This way, you won’t even require hiring someone to secure your home. In this article, I have listed a number of the best outdoor motion sensors and hope that you get one which best works for you.
See More: Top 10 Best Evaporative Coolers Reviews
Here are 10 Best Outdoor Motion Sensor Lights in 2020 Reviews
10. Heath HZ-4150-BK Zenith Motion-Activated Four-Sided Coach Light, Black Brass
This is a Charleston coach lantern that is quite economical. It is a four-sided coach light that is motion activated. It can detect from a range of about 30 feet. However, you will be able to adjust its sensitivity to suit your needs. It is a 150-degree motion sensor that is able withstands different types of weather conditions thanks to its finish. If you are working on a budget but want good value, this is definitely the best outdoor motion sensor light for you.
- Its composition consists of clear glass and black finished brass.
- It has dimensions of about 16-3/4 by 5-3/4 by 6-7/8 inches.
9. Heath Zenith HZ-5411-WH Heavy Duty Motion Sensor Security Light, White
The next best outdoor motion sensor light uses a pair of 120-Watt Max Par 38 Flood Bulbs and has an outstanding detection range of about 70 feet. It will light up immediately there is motion and automatically turn off when there is none. What I liked about it most was that it has a timer. You have the option of putting it at 1 minute, 5minutes or 20 minutes if needed. This outdoor motion sensor can be eave or wall mounted as well.
- Your purchase will come with a 2year warranty.
- The outdoor motion sensor is Energy star certified.
8. Heath/Zenith HZ-4133-OR Shaker Cove Mission-Style 150-Degree Motion-Sensing Decorative Security Light
This product also features on the list of the best outdoor motion sensor lights. It is also weather resistant thanks to its Oil rubbed bronze metal construction. It also has seeded glass which plays a role in this feature. The outdoor motion sensor’s light is usually off during daylight hours because of a photocell. It comes in a classic Shaker Cove Mission style and can be placed as a coach light, lantern or carriage light. The outdoor motion sensor’s detection technology is superior because it is pulse-count preventing any false triggering that may occur.
- It uses an incandescent bulb which is medium base and 60watt.
- It has three illumination modes to choose from.
7. 20W Dual-Head Motion-Activated LED Outdoor Security Light, Photocell Included, Newly Designed 3 Lighting Modes
By: Leon Lite
This is a great buy for individuals looking for the best outdoor motion sensor light that will last and is a bit more advanced. It has a total lifespan of about 50,000 hours and will be reliable all through. The outdoor motion sensor will reduce any need for maintenance and frequent replacement that you may need to do. It has triple operation modes that have been upgraded. You will be able to control the light when placed in the on-time mode manually. For the light to be lux active and motion active as well, you will need to place it in auto mode. The dusk to dawn mode enables it to light up at dawn and off at dusk.
See More: Top 10 Best Hoverboard for Kids in 2020
- It helps one save on energy and costs by 84%.
- You will get a 5year unlimited warranty on your purchase.
6. Hyperikon LED Security Light, 20W (100W Equivalent) Outdoor Motion Sensor Light, 1800lm
This was one of my favorites when I was combining this list of best outdoor motion sensors. It has several components which when combined, earned it a place on the list. What stood out to me was when I found out that; in a scenario where the outdoor motion sensor was used for 6 hours every day, you would be able to use it for 21 whole years! When put like that it sounds quite unbelievable I must say, but most buyers have recommended that it is truly durable. It has a waterproof rating of IP65 and using it can boost you financially by helping you save up to 80% on electrical bills.
See More: Top 7 Best Cheap Drawing Tablets in 2020
- The outdoor motion sensor comes with a 5year unlimited warranty.
- The customer service is quick to assist.
5. Mr Beams MB532 Wireless Battery-Operated Indoor/Outdoor Motion-Sensing LED Step/Stair Light, 2-Pack, White
By: Mr. Beams
If you are looking for the best outdoor motion sensor light for your bathrooms, bedrooms, hallways, stairways, steps, closets and more, this is the perfect choice for you. It is wireless, therefore providing you with uttermost flexibility. The LED lights have great optics which provide balanced light whenever it’s needed. It provides coverage of light up to 120 square feet.
See More: Top 7 Best Vacuum Chambers in 2020
- It provides 35 Lumens of bright LED light.
- It has a housing which is UV resistant.
4. Solar Lights, URPOWER 20 LED Outdoor Solar Motion Sensor Lights
This outdoor motion sensor light caters to those of us who really avoid any frustrating installation processes. It does not require any wiring; all it involves is being screwed on to the surface. You can use it with a detachable solar panel as well and easily maintain it, including to the support cover with an LED lamp body. The final reason why it deserves to be on the list of the best outdoor motion sensor lights is that it provides 10 hours of illumination when fully charged.
See More: Top 8 Best Tablet Keyboards in 2020
- It is a 20 LED solar outdoor light.
- It has two working modes; on and off.
3. LIGHT IT by Fulcrum 20031-101 6-LED Wireless Motion Sensor Weatherproof Porch Light, Silver
This motion sensor has photocell technology preventing it from activating during daylight. It is one of the best outdoor motion sensor lights because of the 6LED panel it is equipped with. It produces blue-white light which and rotates as desired to point the beam.
- It has a detection angle of 100 degrees.
- It Measures 5-1/2 by 5-1/2 by 5-1/2 inches.
2. Litom SOLAR LIGHTS OUTDOOR 24 LEDs, Super Bright Motion Sensor Lights with Wide Angle Illumination
This is meant for individuals who want the best outdoor motion sensor lights for wide coverage. The litom motion sensor lights have LED on both sides, offering luminosity totaling to 526 lumens. The LEDs at the corner add-on to the extra light needed to make the solar light efficient. It is among the brightest in the markets because of its 24 LED solar lights design.
- It can detect motion from 26 feet away.
- The installation process is quite easy.
1. Beams MB330 Wireless LED Spotlight with Motion Sensor and Photocell, White
By: Mr. Beams
This motion sensor from Mr. Beams carries the day. It has a light sensor that inhibits daylight activation. The light it emits covers up to 400 square feet, and it has 140 lumens. There are many reasons why it tops the list of best outdoor motion sensors, including its performance and experience of the users. They include its fast installation, weatherproof features, and reliability.
- With 8-10 daily activations, each set of batteries could last for one year.
- It is currently the highest recommended outdoor motion sensor light.
Benefits of outdoor motion sensor lights
They assist in seeing in the dark
They provide illumination to help us see the outside at night. Of course, once you get closer, they light up thus helping you see walk comfortably in the darkness.
They are great for security
They make us aware when someone or something approaches. With their ability to notice any intruder, your home stays safe at all times.
Wrapping it up!
Outdoor motion sensor lights will give you a sense of security that any other normal light would! They are a must have a security feature. Additionally, they serve an extra role in keeping your home safe and secure. With the ability to sense any kind of motion around and then lighting up to expose whoever is around, motion sensor lights keep your home safe at all times. If you’re looking for the right motion sensor to keep intruders away from your home, then you need to grab one of the options listed in the article.
See More: Top 10 Best GoPro Remotes in 2020