Today, we are going to talk about the best knee scooters available in the market. Whether you are looking to buy one for yourself or get the best knee scooter for someone dear to you, I am sure you will not miss one out of the very capable suggestions that we have laid down for you.
It was just a few months ago that my niece had gotten an accident and ended up injuring his knee. The sad thing about it was that her birthday was a week later. I decided to get her the best knee scooter I could find and also sought advice from the local physiotherapist and the workers at the physiotherapy center where my wife volunteers.
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The PINK Knee Scooter is one of the most proven and trusted knee walkers in the industry and an excellent crutch alternative.
- Excellent stability and control when maneuvering - these steerable knee walkers offer an adjustable locking handbrake and rear drum brake.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, the Steerable Knee Scooter kneeling walker features four 7.5 inch non-marking rubber wheels, a comfortable 3.5" thick contoured knee platform that is left or right-leg compatible, and a free basket.
- The Hot Pink Steerable Knee Scooter also features handlebars with a quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage.
- Fully adjustable handlebars and knee platform, this lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5' - 6'6"
- A wide wheel base and larger 12-inch pneumatic tires so that you can easily move across a wide variety of terrain, including cobblestone streets, cracked sidewalks, grooved roads, grass, dirt, gravel and more.
- A sturdy, heavy-duty frame that is also light enough to pick up and carry. This scooter holds up to 300 pounds.
- Adjustable knee pad and handlebars so that the scooter can be used by those from 5.3 inch tall and above.
- Reflective stickers on the frame for safe riding in low light conditions. Plus, it easily folds up for convenient storage or transportation.
- For added convenience, it also has two handbrakes, locking parking brakes and a front basket where you can store items you need to bring with you.
- KNEE WALKER - This knee scooter is a convenient transportation method for anyone suffering from a foot, ankle or lower leg medical injury or who has had a leg amputated below the knee. It makes an excellent alternative to crutches and gives a person the ability to move quickly without having to swing forward on crutches that can be awkward and can also irritate the underarms with repeated use. Just place the injured leg on the foam pad and roll forward. The scooter works for both right and left
- MOBILITY - This aluminum scooter with a padded seat has 12-inch pneumatic tires that allow it to easily roll around on a variety of surfaces, including carpet and wood flooring. With this walker you’ll be able to roll down the driveway to the mailbox or drive along the sidewalk if you want to get out and enjoy some sunshine. You can use this knee walker at home, at work, at the park and just about anywhere else you want to go.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT - The all-road scooter features an adjustable black knee pad and handlebars along with a sturdy black aluminum frame. The aluminum walker supports up to 300 pounds and is recommended for adults ranging in height from 5'3" tall and above. In addition to being super strong, the scooter frame also utilizes double-bar, heavy-duty construction to make it highly stable so users don’t have to worry about the walker easily tipping over and causing them to fall.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - Despite its strong and sturdy frame, the knee walker remains lightweight and easy to move. It also features a tie-rod steering mechanism similar to the ones in cars so that it can be turned easily. You’ll be able to navigate around corners and maneuver through tight surroundings on this convenient push scooter. The scooter also has an adjustable hand brakes and locking parking brakes. Plus, it folds up easily so that it can be stored or packed up without taking up valuable space.
- QUIET & SMOOTH - This convenient push walker offers a smooth, quiet ride. It also has a front basket where you can place items you need to bring with you – like a water bottle, keys, etc. It is also easy to assemble and comes with complete installation and operation instructions. In just six simple steps you could have a scooter to move around on. To get your scooter, click on the add to cart button on this page. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one-year limited warranty.
- 8" casters are ideal for indoor/outdoor use. Ideal for individuals recovering from foot surgery, breaks, sprains, amputation, and ulcers of the foot
- Knee walker can be steered for increased maneuverability. Durable, steel frame with silver vein finish; Comes with a removable front basket
- Do not operate on inclines above 15 degrees slight incline. Do not travel over drops or barriers such as curbs or parking stops
- Deluxe braking system for increased safety. Weight Limit is 350 pounds
- Overall Dimensions: 30"(L) x 16"(W) x 31"(H); Knee Pad Dimensions: 15"(L) x 7"(W) x 16.5" 20.5"(H); Handle Height: 31" 40"
- AFFORDABLE MOBILITY SOLUTION: KneeRover Economy Knee Scooter delivers the best knee walker value in the industry and is ideal for individuals recovering from a broken foot, broken ankle, broken leg, foot surgery, or ankle surgery.
- EXCELLENT CRUTCH ALTERNATIVE: More comfortable and stable than crutches, this affordable knee walker is made for both indoor and outdoor use, with four wheels for easy steering and balance..
- STABILITY AND CONTROL: These easy to maneuver steerable knee scooter walkers feature four 7.5" rubber wheels, Dual adjustable locking handbrakes and dual rear on-wheel brakes.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE AND COMPACT: The Economy Steerable Knee Scooter also features handlebars with a quick release folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. Kneewalker has handlebars and padded knee platform that easily adjust for a comfortable fit.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND DURABLE: This steerable kneewalker weighs only 21 pounds and offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity. The Economy knee scooter is recommended for individuals with heights 4' 6" to 6' 6". Perfect for kids and adults.
- Padded Contoured Comfortable Knee Platform with Easy Folding Mechanism. The handlebars are made of comfort foam 7/8 inches steel
- 12″ x 8″ x 8.5″ Wire Basket is included for convenient storage and transport of your personal belongings
- Leg Compatibility: Left and Right. Knee Rest: 3″ Contoured Molded Foam
- Accommodates patient heights 5′6" – 6’6″
- 3″ Contoured Knee Support Adjusted Height Range: 18″ – 21.5″. Handlebar Adjusted Height Range: 34″ – 41″
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The KneeRover Deluxe KneeCycle is one of the most advanced knee walkers in the industry and an excellent alternative to crutches.
- Maximum stability and control when maneuvering - these steerable knee scooters offer an advanced automotive style tie-rod steering mechanism (not available on most knee walkers) and an adjustable locking handbrake.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, the Knee Rover KneeCycle kneeling walker features four 7.5" non-marking rubber wheels, a comfortable 3.5" thick contoured knee platform that is left or right-leg compatible, and a free basket.
- The Kneecycle knee scooter also features a removable front axle and handlebars with an quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage.; Tires: 7.5" Solid Polyurethane Rubber Wheels (Non-Marking) w/ Shock-Absorbing Sealed Windows
- Fully adjustable handlebars and knee platform, this lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust 300 lb. weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 4'9" - 6'6".
- EXTREMELY DURABLE, NO RE-INJURIES HERE. Roscoe knee scooters are built to last and are extremely durable. The medical scooter supports persons weighing up to 350lbs and is great for adults, kids, or teens.
- SUPERIOR COMFORT-ABILITY. Large 8" clear wheels keep it rolling smoothly, keeping you comfortable. Knee Scooter that is steerable, and a very maneuverable alternative to traditional crutches for those with a broken foot, broken ankle, or leg injury
- EXTRA PADDED KNEE PLATFORM. Large wheels and padded knee platform make this one knee scooter perfect for indoor and outdoor use. Unlike crutches, it provides the most freedom; the detachable basket keeps your hands free to maneuver the steerable scooter.
- FOLDS FOR TRANSPORT. The knee walker scooter is foldable at the handlebars for easy transport and is a great hands free crutch while sitting still.
- KNEE SCOOTER WITH BASKET. An ideal knee crutch for recovery from an ankle or foot injury or surgery. Steerable for increased mobility. Adjustable hand brake and knee platform for comfort and stability. Padded handle bar grips.
- EASILY ATTACHES TO MOST WALKERS: Stretchable elastic straps easily secure the soft platform cover to most knee walker models. The non-slip cover firmly stays in place, reducing friction and preventing injuries while protecting the knee walker pad from everyday wear and tear.
- MACHINE WASHABLE: Easy to clean cover is machine washable with like colors and fluffed dry on low heat.
- SOFT FAUX SHEEPSKIN: Plush, faux sheepskin material comfortably cushions the knee without irritating the skin and allows air to circulate freely around the knee and lower leg. The soft knee pad cover effectively reduces fatigue and provides exceptional comfort throughout the day.
- RELIEVES PAIN AND PRESSURE: Supplying an extra layer of soft cushioning, the knee walker cover evenly distributes the pressure on the knee and lower leg for all day comfort. Evenly distributing the pressure created from kneeling on the knee pad greatly reduces pain and fatigue in the hip, knee and leg.
- VIVE GUARANTEE: 60 day guarantee so you can purchase now with confidence.
- Ideal for individuals recovering from injury or surgery to the foot, ankle or lower leg as well as below the knee amputees. The steerable Knee Scooter is one of the most proven and trusted knee walkers in the industry and an excellent crutch alternative.
- Excellent stability and control when maneuvering - These steerable knee walkers offer an adjustable locking handbrake and rear drum brake.
- Ideal for indoor and outdoor use, the steerable Knee Scooter kneeling walker features four 7.5 inch non-marking rubber wheels, a comfortable 3.5&Quot; thick contoured knee platform that is left or right-leg compatible, and a free basket.
- The steerable Knee Scooter also features handlebars with a quick folding mechanism for easy transport and storage. Dual ankle design for extreme durability
- Fully adjustable handlebars and knee platform, this lightweight yet sturdy knee walker offers a robust 300 lb. Weight capacity and is recommended for individuals with heights 5' - 6'6
Last update on 2020-01-22 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
10. KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter
This particular one suits anyone who has injuries or surgeries related to feet, ankles, lower legs or below the knee amputation. One of the three ladies we found at the center said that she had witnessed this type of crutch benefit a good number of the patients she has worked with. She further added that it is one of the most trusted knee walkers in the industry. The best part about it is that it is an excellent crutch alternative.It is very stable and has four wheels which have measurements of 7.5 inches which are non-marking. I loved how it was pink because that is her favorite color.
- It has a weight capacity of 300lbs.
- The knee scooter is recommended for people with a height of 5-6.6 inches.
9.Health Port Knee Scooter Rollabout Medical Knee Walker (Glossy Red)
By: Health Port
This was the latest model according to the same lady. She said that it was the best knee scooter for people who are planning to use it both indoors and outdoors. It helps one get back to the outdoor world. They are better than crutches because they enhance one’s mobility. She told me that my niece would easily be able to go to the mall, park, supermarket, and even her dad’s office if she wanted to. What contributed to her increasing confidence in it as the best knee scooter is that she finds it easy for her patients to use since they could adjust the seat, handlebars, and brakes without any frustrations. Unlike some other knee scooters, it supports a wider range of heights.
- This purchase will get you a money-back guarantee.
- The knee scooter comes with a free big basket which is highly convenient.
8.Folding Medical Knee Walker (Matte Black)
By: Health Port
The second lady said that she would recommend this one as the best knee scooter for people who were more caution oriented and were very keen on the safety features. It has a braking system that is considered to be much improved when compared to its counterparts. If you are using it on a slope, you will not have a hard time when you need to brake immediately. This is because it has a dual braking system which enhances one’s control. If the user feels the need to take a rest, stop or put the knee scooter away, they will have no frustrations at all. The reason behind that is, it has new and improved push-button parking pins which enable it to be in park mode.
- It uses four 8 inch wheels which are very stable.
- The knee scooter can support up to 300lbs.
7.Drive Medical Dual Pads Steerable Knee Walker
By: Drive Me
After asking her a few more questions, she got this look as if she had just remembered something. That was when she mentioned this knee walker. She claimed that it was the best knee scooter for anyone looking for one that will offer excellent maneuverability. Most knee scooters only have forward facing front wheels this one, however, is steerable and its front wheels can be fully maneuvered. It is definitely worth buying, considering that it also has a very comfortable two-piece knee pad. For easier storage and transportation this knee scooter can be effortlessly folded.
- Your purchase will get you a limited lifetime warranty.
- The steel frame has a silver vein finish that is attractive.
6.KneeRover Economy Knee Scooters
They all unanimously agreed that this was the best knee scooter for individuals who need the support and extra caution but were working with limited funds. It is an affordable option while it retains the value of a proper knee scooter. The handbrakes are lockable and can be adjusted. Its rear wheels also have brakes and are 7.5 inches in size. If you have limited space, you will definitely have an easy time because of its handlebars have been designed to have a quick release folding mechanism. Come to think of it, the advantages it offers solve more than just one need.
- It weighs about 21lbs.
- It can be used by both kids and adults.
5.All Terrain KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter
I asked if the knee scooters were able to be used in different locations, and that is when she mentioned this one. They said that when it comes to terrain, it was the best knee scooter that they could think of. It has tires which are pneumatic and able to move easily be it on dirt, gravel, grass, and gaps in sidewalks. They even have an advanced steering mechanism which is automotive with a tie rod style.
- They can be used with individuals who have a maximum height of about 6.5inches.
- It is very versatile.
4.KneeRover Deluxe Steerable Knee Cycle
This one, the physiotherapist, said that it appealed to individuals who were looking for the best knee scooters which were more advanced and on the modern side. It has met all the industrial requirements for safety and effectiveness. Aside from broken and injury based issues; this knee scooter can also be used for related medical conditions such as ulcers.
- The assembly of this knee scooter is tool free.
- The wheels have shock absorbency features.
3.Roscoe Knee Scooters with Basket
By: Roscoe Medical
He recommended this knee scooter because it is user-friendly and the level maintenance it needs is close to zero. Its aluminum knee platform has an offset post that allows any adjustment to be made in seconds. You will not even require any tools to make the left to right adjustments in question. The best part is that it comes with a thumb release lever that enables its folding mechanism.
- It can move easily over surfaces which are rough as well.
- The handlebar grips are padded.
2.Knee Walker Pad Cover by Vive
This product is great for individuals looking to get the most comfortable knee scooter. He mentioned that the soft faux sheepskin used avoids any irritation that may occur to the skin. The soft knee pad also helps to reduce fatigue levels and allows free movement of air and circulation. The cover is slip resistant and helps to prevent any further injuries and friction that may occur.
- The sheep cover protects the knee pad from wear and tear.
- It evenly distributes pressure on the knee and lower knee.
1.KneeRover Steerable Knee Scooter
Upon finalizing, I asked them which knee scooter they would recommend as the best out of the named choices. They all suggested this knee scooter. The reason was that the knee platform was compatible with both the left and right leg since it is contoured. It can be easily stored, and is stable, has a great weight capacity and height compatibility.
- It can be easily transported.
- It can be used by individuals with heights of 5 to 6’6 ft.
Benefits of knee scooters
They are supportive
They help to take the excessive pressure on injured areas. If you’re rendered motionless by injuries or simply are engaging in a strenuous activity which might exert extreme pressure on injured areas, then you need a knee scooter.
They are convenient
They assist one to move around despite their injuries. They keep you in motion without inconveniencing your freedom.
Wrapping it up!
Crutches have been used for a while. However, knee scooters offer a much better alternative and greater maneuverability. Of course, crutches have several challenges which are solved by knee scooters. Ranging from effects to the armpits and several other challenges, crutches are proving quite inconveniencing. However, when it comes to knee scooters, you get to move around comfortably without challenges. Having compiled the top 10 best knee scooters in 2020, there’s something for everyone.