Any ideas on what the top 10 best ironing boards in 2018 are? Like many other people, chances are that you have no clue. In fact, you probably pay little attention to the boards during purchase. You either are drawn by the affordable price, simply trust the seller’s word, or just by a board. Well, we took a peek at the various boards in the market and managed to outline the very best. This entailed focusing on the main features and specifications. But before we reveal the best products, how about looking at the key features?
Well, we took a peek at the various boards in the market and managed to outline the very best. This entailed focusing on the main features and specifications. But before we reveal the best products, how about looking at the key features?
- Design: ironing boards are generally designed to be portable. They come as either tabletop or stand-alone. It’s necessary to choose a type that suits the space in your home, dorm and your personal preference.
- Size: Generally, the boards come as a full-size or small tabletop. Full-size are 12 to 18 inches wide, 4 feet long and are more heavy-duty. Small tabletops are designed for light applications and quick touch ups. They occupy lesser space but aren’t very ideal for full-size linens or garments.
- Space: People with more space can get away with a full-size board unlike those with limited spaces who are best suited with small tabletops.
- Height: A good board should be at the same level with your hips while standing. It not only makes ironing easy and convenient but also reduces body strain.
- Weight: The ironing board shouldn’t be too light or too heavy as this affects stability and portability. Though effective and stable, wooden boards are fairly heavy compared to boards made from alternative materials.
- Stability: A top board is very stable and won’t wobble even when used intensely. Its steadiness is influenced by the material of construction and design.
Other key features include portability, elegance, maintenance ease, and sturdiness.
Best Ironing Boards in 2018
- 10. Polder Deluxe Ironing Board
- 9. Minky Ergo Ironing Board
- 8. Household Essentials Ironing Board
- 7. Homz Durabilt DX1500 Ironing Board
- 6. Honey-Can-Do BRD-01435 Ironing Board
- 5. Bartnelli Foldable Ironing Board
- 4. Bartnelli Wide Ironing Board
- 3. Brabantia Ironing Board
- 2. Italian Half-moon Ironing Board by Household Essentials
- 1. Brabantia Steam Generator Ironing Board
10. Polder Deluxe Ironing Board
This tabletop ironing board by Polder is perfect for both small and large spaces. It comes in a roomy size and measures 32 inches long, 12 inches wide and is 6 inches high.
The board’s top is made from wood, features foam pad and is covered by 100% cotton cover.To makes carrying and storage easy, it features easy-fold legs. Its downside is that the padding is very thin.
9. Minky Ergo Ironing Board
Measuring 48 inches long and 15 inches wide, the Minky ergo board adds convenience to ironing. It is ergonomically designed to allow a user operate from the natural standing position.
The board comes with a custom prozone reflective cover that hastens the ironing process by directing the heat to the garment. Its height can be varied from 0 up to 36 inches and to stop tangling, it features a movable flex guide. Unfortunately, the iron rest cannot be removed.
8. Household Essentials Ironing Board
Suitable for day-to-day ironing, this tabletop ironing board by household Essentials is best for limited spaces such as hostels, small apartments, studios, and congested rooms.
It comes with a sturdy steel mesh surface which measures 30 inches long and 12 inches wide. The board’s surface is covered with fiber pads and 100% cotton and the foldable legs are from stainless steel. One drawback is its height which is a bit short.
7. Homz Durabilt DX1500 Ironing Board
The Homz Durabilt DX1500 board comes with a fairly wide ironing surface. It has a length of 54 inches, a width of 14.875 inches, and its height is adjustable up to 39.5 inches. The top mesh surface is covered by fiber padding and double layer foam that conserves heat and also protects the board and garment.
For easy opening and closing, it features a quick release paddle whereas the silicone padded iron rest helps drive away heat. Although this unit is suited for heavy-duty applications, some users find its price a bit on the higher side.
6. Honey-Can-Do BRD-01435 Ironing Board
Ironing small and large garments are simple with the honey-Can-Do BRD ironing board. The premium board measures 32 x 12 x 6.1 inch. It’s covered with poly-cotton and easily folds flat when not in use or for better portability.
To prevent accidental scorching or burning, it comes with retractable iron rest. Several users, however, find the cover a bit too thin and isn’t easy to remove in case washing is needed.
5. Bartnelli Foldable Ironing Board
The Bartnelli ironing board is designed for limited spaces and features tabletop top design and is very compact. Its height can easily be adjusted with four different levels to suit different users and is well-built to prevent wobbling.
The surface is covered by dense foam and sturdy and extra thick cotton. Although it’s compact, the ironing board isn’t very fit for heavy-duty operations.
4. Bartnelli Wide Ironing Board
People searching for a reliable, compact and portable ironing board will appreciate this board from Bartnelli. Measuring 51 inches long and 19 inches wide, this board can accommodate both small and large garments.
It comes with multi-layers for added strength and felt layers and 100% cotton cover for improving heat distribution. The T-legs provide better support and stability whereas the handy transport lock prevents accidental opening during movement or storage. The downside is that it features lots of plastic.
3. Brabantia Ironing Board
This ironing board by Brabantia comes with a handy rest for a steam iron. It features 0.98-inch ivory frame and measures 49 x 18 inches. This provides a perfect surface for iron small and large items.
Other than its ergonomic and wide surface, this board’s height can be adjusted in 4 varying levels ranging from 30 to 38 inches. The built-in child lock stops accidental collapsing. However, the padding isn’t the thickest and could do with some improvement.
2. Italian Half-moon Ironing Board by Household Essentials
This ironing board by Household Essential is quite popular in the market. Many people love it because of its decent ironing surface (55 x 17) inches. Others talk of the sturdy Italian half-moon steel top while there are those who love the soft and smooth 100% cotton cover.
The board features a movable and versatile rest that suits both left and right-handed users. Unfortunately, they are those who state that finding a replacement cover for the unique and odd half-moon shape may be a challenge.
1. Brabantia Steam Generator Ironing Board
The Brabantia ironing board takes the top slot for various reasons. One, it’s quite strong and stable courtesy of the four 25 mm steel tubes. Two, the tabletop is extra- strong and is covered with a sturdy material.
Three, it’s ergonomically designed for ease and convenience. Four, the height can be varied in 7 different levels from as low as 75 cm to as high as 89 cm. Five, a 39 x 29 cm holder for normal and steam iron is included. However, the unit is fairly heavy compared to its rivals.
Ironing your clothes and other garments shouldn’t be a stressful experience. It also doesn’t mean you attaching boards to a wall or partition. We have listed the top 10 best ironing boards in 2018 that are suitable for small and large spaces. They can be used in the home, hostel, dorm and many other places.
The featured products are constructed from a sturdy material, feature good design, are easy to maintain, portable and will be stable during use. Not only are you certain to complete the task easily and conveniently but also in a stress-free manner.