A flashlight comes handy in many situations and is used to illuminate poorly lit or dark areas. You may use it while hiking, camping, in the case of power outage, searching for objects under the closet and many other situations. Advanced technologies and stiff competition have led to all sorts of flashlights in the market. Some are pretty basic, others come with adjustable lighting while some types are designed for the rough terrains.
What may be the perfect item for you isn’t necessarily the best for another person. The suitability is also influenced by need at hand, personal preference and much order. This is where top 10 best flashlights in 2019 reviews come in handy. They not only offer more insight on the different types but also compare the top products.
Tips for Identifying a Good Flashlight
- Best Flashlights in 2019
- 10. ThruNite Ti series Mini Flashlight 1223
- 9. Wayllshine Pocket Flashlight 1503
- 8. Hausbell 7W Ultra Bright Mini Tactical Flashlight 1871
- 7. PeakPlus Super Bright Flashlight 2294
- 6. ThorFire PF01 Tactical Flashlight
- 5. OXYLED MD50 LED Flashlight 2930
- 4. Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro LED Flashlight 3752
- 3. Dorcy 41-2510 Floating LED Flashlight 3540
- 2. Streamlight 88033 Protac Flashlight 5615
- 1. UltraFire 7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight 12 429
A good flashlight comes with the following characteristics:
- Adequate Lighting: It should provide adequate lighting for the need at hand. The lights may use ordinary incandescent or LED bulbs and the light intensity is measured in lumens.
- Sturdy: A good flashlight is made from strong materials that can tolerate falls and drops, poor-handling, rough terrains and the elements as well. Top brands are made from heavy-duty plastic, aluminum, alloys and are known to last for many years and are water and shock-proof.
- Durable Battery: The right flashlight will feature a long-lasting battery that guarantees you of longevity. LED bulbs usually consume less power than the ordinary bulbs and their battery will last much longer.
- Portable: It is small, light, compact and this makes holding, carrying and storage easy. Some are quite small and light such that they can be attached to a key holder.
- Easy to hold: The flashlight is ergonomically-designed and will feature a non-slip surface that offers good grip including when it’s wet.
Best Flashlights in 2019
10. ThruNite Ti series Mini Flashlight 1223
This flashlight is quite small and will fit on a keychain. However, despite its slim nature, it can produce up to 120 lumens through its LED bulb and 1 AAA battery. The cool flashlight comes with adjustable brightness with the lowest setting, Firefly producing 0.04lms and lasting for up to 115 hours, while the brightest 120lms can last for up to 1 hour. The light is not only strong and waterproof but has a lifespan of 20 plus years.
9. Wayllshine Pocket Flashlight 1503
Considered as one of the most compact flashlights, the Wayllshine flashlight can easily fit in the handbag, pocket or in the purse. The Cree Q5 light is made from aluminum alloy casing and is useful when hiking, camping, riding, hunting, and also for indoor use.
It’s powered by normal AA or 14500 batteries and produces up to 300 lumens. The adjustable focus zoom allows the user to increase or decrease the light intensity while switching on or off is done via the tail-cap press.
8. Hausbell 7W Ultra Bright Mini Tactical Flashlight 1871
This mini tactical flashlight by Hausbell comes in a 2-pack and has a luminosity of 300 lms. The portable mini unit is well-built for the outdoors and features a strong casing, waterproof and skid-proof design.
Its slim and compact design makes handling easy while the adjustable focus zoom lamp helps vary the range of illumination.
7. PeakPlus Super Bright Flashlight 2294
Besides its sturdy aluminum alloy body, people love this light because of its super brightness. The tactical torch comprises of high performance led chips that run via rechargeable 18650 lithium-ion or ordinary AAA battery.
The robust aluminum alloy and plastic casing are light and waterproof and easy to hold. Additional features include zoomable adjustable focus, 5 light modes, carry case, AAA battery holder, and user manual.
6. ThorFire PF01 Tactical Flashlight
The ThorFire PF01 tactical flashlight is pretty small and light measuring 105 by 15mm. It will comfortably fit even in small palms and features a clip for attaching it to the pocket or belt.
Coming with 3 brightness levels (high, medium and moonlight), the 100-lumen penlight has a voltage range of between 0.8 and 1.5V and is powered by a single AAA battery. It also features a tactical switch that turns on the flashlight without making a sound.
5. OXYLED MD50 LED Flashlight 2930
Generating up to 500 lumens, the OXYLED MD50 is one of the brightest flashlights on the market. It’s made from durable and strong aluminum alloy and can withstand the harsh outdoors and rough handling. The light relies on led bulbs and runs on either rechargeable 18650 battery or 3 AAA non-rechargeable batteries.
It can easily fit on the palm, is zoomable and comes with five light modes (3 brights, 1 strobe, and 1 SOS). For added protection and efficiency, the IPX-6 waterproof flashlight is coated with an anti-abrasive and anti-reflective material.
4. Streamlight 66118 Stylus Pro LED Flashlight 3752
The Streamlight 66118 stylus produces up to 90 lumens of brightness and features a push button switch at its tail. It’s made from aircraft-grade anodized aluminum that is revered for being unbreakable, scratch-resistant and also corrosion-proof.
The penlight only weighs 46.9 grams (1.64 oz) and measures 13.4cm (5.3 inches) long. It can tolerate impact up to a height of 1 meter and is also waterproof (IPX 4).
3. Dorcy 41-2510 Floating LED Flashlight 3540
Known for its distinct yellow color, the Dorcy 41-2510 flashlight comes in a sturdy plastic case and will withstand the harsh outdoors and terrains. It features waterproof case, 4 super bright Led bulbs producing up to 55 lumens, and a carabineer clip on its tail-end for attaching to a backpack or belt. Its floating nature allows it to float on water rather than sink making retrieval easy.
2. Streamlight 88033 Protac Flashlight 5615
The 88033 Protac flashlight is revered for its heavy-duty casing that makes it fit even for the rough terrains. It is fairly large compared to most of its rivals but is undoubtedly one of the brightest.
With a lumen rating of 850, it produces a white bright line that covers a large area and this is achieved via the 50-watt C4 LED bulbs and 2 AA batteries. It comes with a holster for safe carrying and storage and has a lifespan of 50, 000 hours.
1. UltraFire 7w 300lm Mini Cree Led Flashlight 12 429
Many people are amazed by the brightness of this small flashlight that spans the length of the palm. It features 7-watt led that produces up to 300 lumens and runs on regular AA or rechargeable 14500 lithium battery.
The solidly-built unit is waterproof, comes with adjustable zoom and is turned on/off via button at its end. It’s a good choice for cycling, camping, hunting, riding and other outdoor activities.
Truth is that though mobile phones come with built-in light, they can never replace the traditional flashlight. Not only is a flashlight more handy and durable but also offers reliable lighting. The above top 10 best flashlights in 2019 review compared the various flashlights in the market, and by assessing the light intensity, portability, durability, ergonomics, and durability of the battery, we were able to identify the top 10 products. All the featured models not only score highly but are also quite popular and receive many positive reviews. This assures you of reliability, efficiency and maximum satisfaction.