he Are you new when it comes to identifying a good meat grinder? Do you desire to replace your aging or worn-out piece? Or are you simply curious about what top 10 best electric meat grinders In 2018 are? Well, you have landed at the perfect spot. In this review, we are going to look at the features of the top meat grinders and also go a step further and list the top-rated products on the market. With this knowledge, you will be able to identify and purchase a good product easily and confidently.
- 10. Best Choice Products Meat Grinder
- 9. Shield Distribution Meat Grinder
- 8. Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Meat Grinder
- 7. STX INTERNATIONAL STX-3000-TF Turboforce
- 6. Elite Platinum HA-3433A Maxi-Matic Meat Grinder
- 5. Sunmile SM-G73 ETL Meat grinder
- 4. Panasonic MK-G20NR Meat Grinder
- 3. Weston 08-3201-W PRO-1050 Meat Grinder
- 2. LEM Products Electric Meat grinder
- 1. Weston Meat Grinder
Grinder Buying Guide
The meat grinder is an important kitchen accessory. Nonetheless, all products aren’t built the same. The following are the key features that will guide you during the search or buying process:
- Size: Grinders are categorized according to the size of grinder plates. Size 5, 8, 12, 22, & 32 are most suited for home use. The plate diameter (2 1/8, 2 1 /2, 2 3 /4, 3 ¼, 3 7/8 inches) increases as the unit becomes bigger.
- Feeding Tube: The larger the tube the easier it is to introduce the ingredients. However, small types will have smaller tubes compared to larger ones.
- Construction Material: Stainless steel, cast iron, and plastic are the common materials of construction. Cast iron and stainless steel are very strong and solid compared to plastic which is relatively weaker. Nevertheless, stainless steel although rust and corrosion resistant is more expensive, cast iron may start rusting when the protective coating is broken. Plastic is light, easy to clean and hygienic.
- Frequency of Use: People who use a grinder often need a stronger and more powerful type compared to those who rarely use the unit. Size 5 and 8 are deemed adequate for regular use.
- Nature of Use: Commercial grinds are heavy-duty, feature a powerful motor, large feeder and can work continuously without overheating. Good choices include size 12 and 22 which can handle large meat quantities.
- Type of meat: Grinding meat containing bones is more demanding that pure steak. Game meat like elk, venison, and a bear is tougher than chicken, beef, veal, fish, and pork.
Best Electric Meat Grinders In 2018
10. Best Choice Products Meat Grinder
This electric meat grinder by Best Choice Products features a powerful 2.6 HP motor that will easily grind beef, poultry, veal, fish, pork and much more. The 2000 watt accessory is fit for home, butchery and commercial use.
It’s mainly constructed from long-lasting and strong cast-iron that resists breakage and features 3 heavy-duty stainless steel blades ( coarse, medium, and fine). It also comes with variable 3-speed setting (high, low and reverse) and a kubbe attachment. unfortunately, it isn’t the most silent on our review.
9. Shield Distribution Meat Grinder
Producing course, medium, and fine meat grinds are what this grinder from Shield Distribution is set to do. Its housing is made from strong cast iron while the cutting parts are made using stainless steel. The industrial and professional piece boasts of a powerful 2.6 HP electric motor that generates up to 2000 watts. In addition to the 3 cutting blades, the unit also comes with a sausage stuffer. One drawback is that it doesn’t come with any stuffing tubes.
8. Sunmile SM-G31 ETL Meat Grinder
Grinding beef, poultry, veal, pork, venison and other meats is a breeze with the Sunmile SM-G31 meat grinder. It’s made from hygienic and strong stainless steel and comes with 3 different-sized cutting plates. Powered by a 1HP electric motor, this unit produces up to 800 watts and will grind as much as 150 pounds within an hour. 3 different sausage stuffers, detachable aluminum tubes, 1 food pusher and 1 cutting blade are also included. However, it isn’t very ideal for large meat chunks.
7. STX INTERNATIONAL STX-3000-TF Turboforce
Boasting of a strong 3000-watt electric motor, this meat grinder by STX International is found in many home and commercial kitchens. The large size 12 unit is made from heavy-duty tempered steel and operates at 3 variable speeds (High, Low, and Reverse).
The 3 cutting and 3 grinding blades (Course, medium, Fine) are made from safe stainless steel and also come with a circuit breaker for added safety. This unit, unfortunately, isn’t the most powerful.
6. Elite Platinum HA-3433A Maxi-Matic Meat Grinder
The A-3433A Maxi-Matic electric meat grinder by Elite Premium is a popular choice for many people. Some consumers praise it for its heavy-duty design that enhances its reliability and longevity; others talk of its reliable 1.5 7Hp electric motor that produces up to 550 watts, while there are those who love its silent nature.
It comes with an aluminum die-cast head, rubber feet for better stability, rubber-sealed feed-screw shaft, and reverse switch for minimizing jamming. The meat grinder, however, isn’t dishwasher safe.
5. Sunmile SM-G73 ETL Meat grinder
The SM-G73 ETL meat grinder by Sunmile is rated at 600W but can reach a maximum of 1000W. It comes with stainless steel housing and can grind up to 185 pounds every hour. The 3 cutting plates and 1 cutting blades are also constructed from hygienic and rust-free stainless steel.
It comes with cast aluminum head and tubes, 3 sausage attachments and 1 plastic pusher. Other good features include reverse/circuit breaker, low noise, and safety switch. This unit, however, isn’t very efficient for demanding situations.
4. Panasonic MK-G20NR Meat Grinder
The Panasonic MK-G20NR is your helper when it comes to conveniently and safely grinding meat. The metal unit boasts of a 180W electric motor and is capable of delivering up to 1 kilogram of meat in a minute.
Its ultra-sharp cutting plates and blades are made from premium stainless steel and will keep their sharp edge for a long time. You have the option of course, medium, and fine grinds while the built-in circuit breaker stops motor burnout. The not-so-powerful motor is one of its key drawbacks.
3. Weston 08-3201-W PRO-1050 Meat Grinder
The size 32 Weston 08-3201-WS PRO-1050 meat grinder comes in a simple design and shape but is very effective. It features a fairly silent motor that is linked to stainless steel cutting blades and plates. Thanks to its ergonomic design, using and carrying the unit is easy. It also includes a sausage stuffer. Unfortunately, it isn’t very fit for the commercial application.
2. LEM Products Electric Meat grinder
The LEM brand is becoming well-known for producing quality meat grinder. A good example is this 0.75 HP electric unit that weighs approximately 47 pounds. The size 12 accessory is all-metal and comes with an 11.5x 8.5 x 2.25-inch meat tray, 3 stainless steel plates( course 3 /8, Stuffing, and Fine 3 /16), and 3 stuffing tubes ( 1 1/4, 3 /4 , 3 / 8 inches). Other features include Meat stomper, Big Bite auger, and stainless steel knife. The unit is however not dishwasher safe.
1. Weston Meat Grinder
This electric meat grinder by Weston is classified as number 22. It is suitable for both domestic and commercial applications. The built-in 750 watts/ 1HP motor will deliver up to 725 pounds of mince in an hour and won’t overheat. This is credited to its air-cooled design, permanent lubrication, and stainless steel outer housing.
It features 2 stainless steel grinding plates ( 7mm -course), 4.5mm-medium), 10 mm stainless steel stick funnel, 3 sausage stuffing funnels (40, 30, & 20mm), and heavy-duty stomper. Its price is a bit higher compared to other alternatives.
This guide and review should make choosing a meat grinder easy. One thing about grinders is that size does matter and the larger it is, the more powerful and heavy-duty it is. It’s beneficial to get a size higher than your needs and also go for the bigger one when torn between two types. Additional accessories such as sausage meat maker are a plus. Use these top 10 best electric meat grinders in 2018 review as a guide and own a dependable product.