Any person serious about preparing the perfect meal this year will spend some time looking at reviews on the top 10 best compact folding digital scales in 2018. Getting the right ingredients is one thing and mixing in the right proportion is another.
Baking as we all know is a science and not an art, use the wrong quantity and you will get something totally different. This also applies to other cooking methods, and rather than relying on trial and error, smart cooks and culinary enthusiast rely on a digital folding scale. It is much smaller, compact and more convenient than other scales, and is also quite versatile courtesy of its folding nature.
You may widen it to accommodate larger portions or bowls or narrow it to weigh smaller bowls. But before you spend money on any product, it is beneficial to know the most important aspects.
- 10. KitchenIQ 50873 Compact Foldable Digital Scale
- 9. Spirit Compact Folding Digital Scale
- 8. Gourmia GKS9130 Folding Digital Scale
- 7. AcTopp Digital Foldable Kitchen Scale
- 6. Gourmia GKS9165Folding Digital Scale
- 5. THEMIS TMS1680D folding digital Scale
- 4. Yoofor Folding Digital Kitchen Scale
- 3. Aicok Digital Kitchen Scale
- 2. Vonshef Folding Digital Kitchen Scale
- 1. Joseph Joseph 40071 Folding Digital Kitchen
Features of a Good Folding Digital Scale
- Precise: Digital scales are more accurate than analog types. However, the accuracy of digital scales varies from manufacturer to manufacturer and it pays to go for reputable brands.
- Sturdy: The stems that hold the bowl containing the ingredients should be strong and long-lasting. Materials such as cast iron, stainless steel, and aluminum have a good rep compared to plastic or ceramic.
- Easy to Use: Top scales are easy to fold and unfold and don’t require too much effort or special tools. They are friendly to both inexperienced and seasoned culinary experts.
- Easy to Read: The display should be placed at a good location and large enough to be seen from a distance. Some scales incorporate a backlit display for better viewing, especially in the dark.
- Portable: Best scales can be folded into small units for better storage and handling. They are also made from light but strong materials such as aluminum or steel.
Best Compact Folding Digital Scales in 2018
10. KitchenIQ 50873 Compact Foldable Digital Scale
This scale can comfortably support weights of up to 11 pounds or 5 kilograms courtesy of the strong cast aluminum construction. It features two long arms that can be widened or narrowed at will and a digital display for showing the readings.
The battery-powered unit is covered with fine plastic to give it the smooth and elegant styling while its folding nature improves storage and portability.
9. Spirit Compact Folding Digital Scale
Taking accurate measurements of the ingredients while in a kitchen is more convenient with the Spirit compact folding scale. This multi-functional scale can weigh items such as milk, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, wheat, flour and much more.
Its highly advanced sensors give accurate weight that is displayed via the readable screen on its face. It runs on one 3V CR2032 battery, can weigh up to 11pounds/ 5 kilograms and comes in increments of 1g/0.05oz/1ml.
8. Gourmia GKS9130 Folding Digital Scale
This electronic digital kitchen scale comes in a robust, portable and colorful design. The compact scale reads measures of up to 5 kg/ 11pounds and can easily convert from metric to imperial and vice versa. The readings are displayed in increments of 0.1 oz/ 1gram via the clear screen while its scissor-like design makes folding easy and effective.
To extend its life and boost its appearance, it is coated with ABS plastic which is also safe to people and environment. The scale is powered by 1 lithium-ion battery and can easily fit inside a purse, closet, pantry, drawer and other places.
7. AcTopp Digital Foldable Kitchen Scale
Rated to weigh items not exceeding 11 pounds/ 5 kilograms, the AcTopp kitchen scale will make a good addition to your kitchen accessories. It comes in a slim and fold-able design for added versatility, portability and will fit inside drawers, cabinets, organizers and other places.
The measurement occurs in increments of 1g/ 0.01 oz and is relayed via the fairly large LCD screen. The unit runs on one CR2032 battery and some of its features include auto-zero, auto-off, overload indicator, tare functions, fast calibration and ultra-low power consumption.
6. Gourmia GKS9165Folding Digital Scale
Add the exact ingredients in your food by first measuring them with the Gourmia GKS9165 digital kitchen scale. This folding scale is made from stainless steel and has a maximum capacity of 11 pounds/ 5kg.
The innovative scale displays in both Imperial and Metric Units and features a bright LCD display, Sleek Touch Panel, Display Overload, Auto Power off, Low Battery Indicator, Auto Zero Tare and is split into 1 ml/0.05oz divisions.
5. THEMIS TMS1680D folding digital Scale
Although looking slim and small, this folding kitchen scale can handle food ingredients of up to 11 pounds/5 kilograms. The stainless steel scale measures only 2.6 inches/ 6.6 cm in width when open and is quite slender when closed and fits inside the drawer, closet, purse, pantry and other places.
The readings are displayed in increments of 0.1oz/1g via the LCD display and are availed in Metric and Imperial Units. Other features include auto-off, sleek and smooth surface, auto-tare, auto zero resetting, low battery indication and quick unit conversion.
4. Yoofor Folding Digital Kitchen Scale
The Yoofor kitchen scale comes in a foldable design for easy use, portability, and storage. It can handle weights of up to 11 pounds/5kilograms and the results are displayed in either Metric or Imperial Units via the LCD screen.
The Mode button switches the reading from Imperial to Metric and vice versa whereas the built-in hook allows the scale to be changed. Considering it’s made from stainless steel, the scale is resistant to rust or fading and easy to clean. It runs on 1 lithium-ion coin battery and features a battery compartment.
3. Aicok Digital Kitchen Scale
Able to measure food ingredients weighing as much as 5 kg/11pounds, the Aicok digital foldable scale assures you of good results.
The stainless steel scale measures in pounds, grams, millimeters, ounces and indicates the precise weight through the built-in LCD display. It comes with auto power-off, touch-sensitive controls and a tare feature that enable you to add or multiply cumulative items.
2. Vonshef Folding Digital Kitchen Scale
This electronic kitchen scale by Vonshef is made from steel and has a maximum capacity of 11 pounds/5kg. It takes the readings in pounds, grams, ounces rounding to the nearest 1 gram and displaying the readings via the LCD screen.
Measuring approximately 8.3 x 1.4 x 0.7 inches, the fold-able scale can fit in very small spaces including kitchen drawer or purse. Zero/ tare, overload, negative functionality, auto shut-off and low battery indicator are some of its main features.
1. Joseph Joseph 40071 Folding Digital Kitchen
This uniquely-designed folding digital kitchen scale comes with three arms and is much stable than scales featuring two arms. While open it is fairly large and can support large bowls but once folded it is quite slim.
It displays weight in pounds, grams, millimeters and fluid ounces via the LCD display while the tare feature allows the addition or multiplication of multiple ingredients. It features touch-sensitive controls, auto power-off, easy to clean and is powered by the battery (included).
Despite their simplistic nature, folding digital scales come handy in preparing the best meal. They are easy to use, highly accurate, versatile and user-friendly. You also don’t have to worry about carrying them because they are very light and compact. Their foldable nature makes storage in limited spaces easy while the strong material can accommodate heavy objects.
All the features items come with a clear display that saves you from bending too much or straining your eyes to view the readings. After reading on the top 10 best compact folding digital scale in 2018 review, which scale do you think will serve you best? Share your opinions and views with us.