Basketball is among the common games and is loved for many reasons. Some engage in it for physical fitness, others for recreation, while some see it as a good opportunity to bond with their kids. Over the years, people have realized that they don’t have to go to the local sporting facility or professional court to enjoy the game. Instead, they can have the hoop installed in their home. Depending on the home design, space availability, and personal preference, you can fit it at the front yard, backyard, on a pole, or attach it to a beam. In this review, we will look at the top 10 best basketball hoops in 2018 and considerations when planning to buy and install one.
- 10. Spalding “The Beast” Basketball System
- 9. Goalrilla GS Basketball System
- 8. Lifetime 1306 Basketball system
- 7. Goalrilla GLR 54 Basketball System
- 6. Lifetime Youth Basketball System
- 5. Silverback In-Ground Basketball System
- 4. Lifetime 1221 Pro Court Basketball system
- 3. SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball System
- 2. JustInTymeSports Wall Mounted Basketball Hoop
- 1. RAMgoal Durable Mini Basketball System
What to Consider
There are many basketball hoops in the market and what may look the best may prove otherwise. It may wobble too much, may easily break when used extensively, or may be hard to install. During the search, it’s critical to focus on the following things:
- Material: it’s crucial to go for strong materials such as steel, aluminum, tempered glass which can withstand heavy use and exposure to the elements.
- Size: The hoop you choose will be influenced by the space at your home or office. Those with large spaces aren’t limited unlike those with small spaces who can only fit smaller units.
- Ease of Assembly: You can go for either fixed or mobile types. Nonetheless, it’s beneficial to go for units that are simple and easy to install.
- Playability: A good hoop will improve your game. It will be well-designed and will be similar to professional units.
- Price: The cost is also a factor when selecting a hoop. It’s possible to find a quality yet affordable hoop.
- Installation Design: The hoops can be In-Ground (anchored underground and stabilized by cement), Above-Ground where they are mounted on a beam or wall, or portable types that are standalone and are supported by their own weight and don’t require any mounting.
Other important consideration player’s experience, adjustability, durability, safety, and brand reputation.
Best Basketball Hoops In 2018
10. Spalding “The Beast” Basketball System
As its name hints, “The Beast” basketball system is bound to handle even the most aggressive play. Coming form the world-famous Spalding brand, this residential unit delivers a professional experience. It features a 60-inch glass board, adjustable height (7.5 to 10 feet) and a professional basketball rim. The portable unit can easily be moved from place to place but will remain stable during play. The only issue is that it feels heavy especially during movement.
9. Goalrilla GS Basketball System
This In-Ground basketball system by Goalrilla is designed for both amateurs and professionals. It’s well-constructed from solid materials including aluminum and features a heavy-duty 72 x 42-inch tempered glass backboard. To suit different players, its height can be adjusted from a low 7.5 feet to a high 10 feet. The Pro-Style rim is sturdy yet flexible and can withstand heavy usage including slam dunks. However, considering it weighs roughly 300 pounds, a single person will find moving the system a challenge.
8. Lifetime 1306 Basketball system
The 1306 basketball system from Lifetime is a common site in many homes. It’s loved for its simplicity, versatility and sturdy nature. The piece comes with a 3-inch telescoping pole that can be increased from 4 1 /2 up to 7 feet in height. It also features a 44-inch shatterproof high density polyethylene backboard and classic rim. The all-weather resistant system is powdered-coated to minimize effects from the elements. According to some users, the 1306 system isn’t the lightest.
7. Goalrilla GLR 54 Basketball System
If you plan to invest in a quality and dependable basketball system, the GS 54 unit by Goalrilla is what you need. It comes in a basic design and can easily be placed on the driveway, front yard, backyard or even a basketball court. It comes in standard size and features a 3 /8-thick tempered glass backboard measuring 54 x 34 inches. For easy installation and leveling, the system relies on an Anchor bolting system. You, however, need to mount it deep enough or else it may wobble.
6. Lifetime Youth Basketball System
This basketball system is targeted at young basketballers and is among the easiest to install. It features a 15-inch foldable steel rim, 30-inch impact backboard and all-weather nylon net. The system’s telescoping height can be adjusted from 5.5 to 7.5 feet in increments of 6 inches. To offer good stability, the system comes with a 10 gallon base. Unfortunately, it isn’t a heavy-duty unit and is thus not suited for adults or heavy people.
5. Silverback In-Ground Basketball System
You don’t need to be an expert to mount the Silverback in-Ground Basketball system. The unit can easily be fixed in most places and doesn’t need special skills or tools. It consists of a two-piece powder-coated pole, 60 x 33 -inch tempered glass backboard and rim. The unit height can be increased from 7.5 to 10 feet easily and without any tools. The all-weather unit is resistant to rust and is suited for both indoor and outdoor use. The only concern is its weight which isn’t that light.
4. Lifetime 1221 Pro Court Basketball system
Professionals and amateurs aiming at taking their game a notch higher should consider this basketball system by Lifetime. The portable 1221 Pro Court system consist of an all-weather frame, 18-inch solid steel rim , 27-gallon base, and 44- inch impact backboard. It also features telescoping height adjustment that starts from 7.5 up to 10 feet and increases in 6 inches . To offer quality supports and stability, the base is filled with either sand or water.
3. SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball System
The SKLZ Pro Mini basketball system consists of a hoop, 8-inch loop net, 18 x 12-inch shatterproof backboard, and a 5-inch mini rubber ball. The easy-to-install unit comes with the necessary tools including door mounts and installation takes a very short time. The clear polycarbonate board can take quite a beating or impact and will tolerate the elements. As an adult, you may find the SKLZ Pro mini basketball system not well-suited for aggressive play.
2. JustInTymeSports Wall Mounted Basketball Hoop
Playing basketball at home isn’t a problem once you install this hoop by JustInTymeSports. The mini basketball system consists of a 9-inch breakaway rim and 18 x 12 x 1 /4-inch shatterproof polycarbonate backboard. For quick and easy installation, it features a single stud mount. The distance from the mounting surface to the rim’s front is 18 inches whereas the backboard is surrounded by steel frame for extra strength. This hoop isn’t very ideal for heavy-duty activity.
1. RAMgoal Durable Mini Basketball System
The RAMgoal Durable basketball system comes in a mini size and is easy to mount. It features a 9-inch breakaway rim, 24 by 16-inch backboard, and adjustable height with a 13-inch range. The easy-to-install unit comes with two studs that are attached to the pole. And as an added bonus, the mini system comes with a 5-inch RAMgoal synthetic leather basketball. Nevertheless, this unit isn’t designed for professional use and is best installed indoors.
The above basketball hoops are bound to improve your basketball experience. Whether a beginner aiming at learning the game, a fun seeker looking for some excitement, or a professional seeking to enhance his/her game, the featured products will come in handy. They are strong, well-designed, and easy to install, can fit in small spaces, and require minimal maintenance. Playing basketball is more fun and engaging if you choose any of the top 10 best basketball hoops in 2018. Additionally, you don’t require too much space, modification, drilling and are guaranteed of safety.