During winter, I always love to cover my swimming pool so that I can keep it clean. This is because it is rare to find anyone swimming in it during this season. However, last winter, I noticed that there was so much debris and water landing on top of the cover. This was discouraging. I had to call in the swimming pool company to clean it, but I saw it as an added expense. Therefore, I decided it was time to buy a pool cover pump. I went online, and I almost gave up buying one because of the numerous options that the internet has for me. On the other hand, I combined a list of the best automatic pool cover pumps that I saw, and today that is what we are going to discuss in this article.
List of Top 10 Best Automatic Pool Cover Pump
- List of Top 10 Best Automatic Pool Cover Pump
- #10 Hayward SP1775 Power-Flo II 3/4-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump
- #9 Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Pool Cover Pump
- #8 Little Giant 505005 5-MSP 1/6 HP Submersible Utility Pump, 1200GPH
- #7 FibroPRO Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump
- #6 Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump
- #5 Little Giant 14942702 Pool Cover Pump
- #4 WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology
- #3 Superior Pump 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump, 91250
- #2 Little Giant APCP-1700 1/3-HP Automatic Pool Cover Submersible Pump
- #1 WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
Last update on 2019-08-19 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#10 Hayward SP1775 Power-Flo II 3/4-Horsepower Above-Ground Pool Pump
If you have a solar pool heater or a waterfall in your backyard, then this is the right pool cover pump to buy for it. Be sure that you do not need to start when you want to pump water in and out of a pool; the pump starts automatically once it reaches a certain height. The body is very heavy and rust proof; thus, you should use it in any type of weather. The pump is very quiet when it is doing its work. The manufacturer insists that you should leave no water in the pump so that it can last longer.
- Overload protector ensures that the pump does not become hot
- The motor is very heavy hence efficient
- You can use it regardless of the weather
- Very quiet whenever it is operating
#9 Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Pool Cover Pump
By: Little Giant
I fully understand that when debris gets in contact with the pool water, the water becomes a hazard for any swimmer who wants to swim in it. When we built our pond, we noticed that the snow would rest on the pool cover during winter. My mom suggested that we should buy this pool cover pump, which operates automatically. It features a 25-feet-cord, which provides electric current to the pump. The pump goes off when the water reaches below a certain level. The snow and rainwater, including other debris would be pumped out easily.
- Operates with 115V of electric current
- The power cord is 25 feet long
- Uses a garden hose for removing water
#8 Little Giant 505005 5-MSP 1/6 HP Submersible Utility Pump, 1200GPH
By: Little Giant
According to the pump’s specifications, I believe that it is durable and sturdy, and pumps water out of a pool, pond, bathtub, and any other water body around the home. I noted that it could also pump out water without much difficulty. Some customers say that this best automatic pool cover pump can last for long. The aluminum housing ensures that it can withstand any rust that tries to diminish the value of the pump. The removable inlet screen helps to remove the water fast.
- Contains a lot of oil to help it operate
- Removable inlet screen helps to remove water quickly
- Comes with a 10 foot cord
- Produces up to 115 volts of current
#7 FibroPRO Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump
Most of the pool cover pumps I have seen will always pull the pool cover down, or even tearing it. I was looking for one that was weightless, and would rest on top of the cover easily. I can say that the pump would pump as much as 600 gallons in one hour. The drainage hose, which is 16 feet long, will remove water from any pool depth. The pool cover pump is durable so you will not need another one once you buy this one.
- Power cord is 16 feet long
- The hose is 16 feet long, and can remove water regardless of the depth
- Pumps about 600 gallons in one hour
#6 Hayward SP2610X15 Super Pump 1.5-HP Max-Rated Single-Speed Pool Pump
After our previous pool cover pump broke down, I sought to replace it with this one. One thing I loved about this pump is that the strainer cover allows you to clean the machine with ease. You will be able to see what is left inside when cleaning. My previous pump was a bit complicated to use because I had to rely on guesswork when cleaning; I easily got to know whether it was completely clean, or not. The pump also comes with an extra basket, which pumps leaves into it. The pump is easily removable to remove the dirt in it.
- Ceramic seal control excessive heat inside the pump
- Strainer is easy to remove and clean
- Debris basket to hold leaves that rest on the pool
#5 Little Giant 14942702 Pool Cover Pump
By: Little Giant
Be sure to buy this best automatic pool cover pump if you want to see water removed from your pool cover. It deals with every type of debris on it. The intake screen is removable, which makes it super easy to remove any debris that remains inside. What I know is that when I bought it, I did not have to install anything; all we needed to do is get it straight to work. The device pumps water out of the pool at a rate of 55- gallons in one hour.
- The cord is 25 feet long
- Produces 58 watts of energy
- The intake screen is removable hence cleans sufficiently
#4 WAYNE WWB WaterBUG Submersible Pump with Multi-Flo Technology
This pool cover pump does not only pull debris from your swimming pool. You can use it to get rid of any stagnant water that stands on surfaces such as the roof, ground, walls, etc. T o facilitate removal of water from a flat surface, the manufacturer installs the discharge on its side; hence, water flows out of it without difficulty.
- Pumps water at a rate of 1257 gallons in an hour
- Suitable for removing water not only on your pool cover, but also stagnant water on any flat surface
- Side discharge for water
#3 Superior Pump 1/4 HP Thermoplastic Submersible Utility Pump, 91250
By: Superior Pump
I bought this best automatic pool cover pump for my neighbors who were stranded because their pool cover was accumulating too much water. We knew that this pump would do the job perfectly. I noticed that the power cord is waterproof hence you can submerge the pump into the water. The pump rate ranks up to 30 gallons in one minute, which is super quick. If the power cord fails to function, you can simply buy another one. The body is thermoplastic, which means you can use it for years without having to replace it because of rust. The pump can also help you deal with stagnant water in a basement, and debris that sticks out in a pool.
- You can submerge it into water- the thermoplastic body facilitates this
- Pump rate is at 1800 Gallons per hour
- Comes with a 10-foot cord
- Able to throw water up to 25 feet vertically
#2 Little Giant APCP-1700 1/3-HP Automatic Pool Cover Submersible Pump
By: Little Giant
Once this best automatic pool cover pump submerges into 2 inches of water, it will immediately begin to drain all the water, and then shuts down automatically. The discharge is located on the side of the pump, which makes draining very easy. I should also not forget to state that the handle ensures easy transportation from one place to another. Aside from pumping water from a pool cover, you can use it to transfer water from one point to another inside your house. The intake is removable, which makes it easy to clean it.
- Uses a ¾-inch garden hose
- Side discharge
- Will automatically begin working once it submerges under 2 inches of water
- The power cord is 25 inches long
#1 WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
When I took this to our home, my dad was happy because he had heard from other people of how this best automatic pool cover pump operates. To begin with, it has base filters on the base of the pump to regulate unwanted debris from getting into the pump. Just leave it to operate by itself once you plug it. If the pump senses any presence of water, the iswitch will turn on and off automatically. It will shut off once the water goes below ¾ inches. I am sure that the pump does not utilize too much electricity, hence energy efficient.
- ISwitch automatic technology ensures that the pump does not damage
- Strainer at the base prevents unnecessary clogging
- Operates once water level rises above 2 1/8 inches of the base
- Pumps water at a 3000 gallons per hour rate
Wrapping it Up!
I learnt that pool cover pumps do not just function when placed on a pool cover; they are also useful when you want to discharge a large pool of stagnant water from different surface. These pumps also do not consume a lot of energy; thus, suitable for people who dislike huge electricity bills. The WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump really stood out for me, and I would definitely buy this repeatedly.