With all kinds and brands of airplay speakers making way into the market, settling on a specific type isn’t easy. As a matter of fact, you may end up more baffled after viewing the different items being offered. Knowing the difficulties people face, we decided to review and list the top 10 best Airplay Speakers in 2018. This entailed looking at the key features, specifications, pros as well as cons.
Besides providing you with more insights and spending less time and effort, this review will help you get a durable, reliable, efficient and stylish speaker. We also found it beneficial to point down the most important aspects when reviewing or choosing a top product.
- 10. iDeaUSA Airplay Speaker
- 9. Pioneer XW-SMA1-K A1 Speaker
- 8. iHome iW2 AirPlay Speaker System
- 7. Logitech UE Air Speaker
- 6. GGMM M3 Retro Wi-Fi Speaker
- 5. IHome iW3 AirPlay Audio System
- 4. GGMM M4 Leather Wireless Portable Speaker
- 3. Libratone ZIPP Wireless Speaker
- 2. Sony SRSX7 Portable Speaker System
- 1. Philips AD7000W/37 Fidelio SoundAvia Speaker
What Makes A Good Airplay Speaker?
Airplay speakers are available in varied types, brands, styles and this improves consumer selection. Nonetheless, you are assured of good service and maximum satisfaction if you concentrate on the following things:
- Sound Quality: the best products offer you high quality and variable sound when connected to Airplay devices, Apple TV or any devices. Sound quality is dependent on signal-to-noise ratio and frequency range. High signal-to-noise ratio produces better, clear sound with minimal noise while speakers with high, medium and low frequency offer balanced sound.
- Design: Good speakers are elegantly-styled and will complement the associated devices (iPhone, Apple TV, iPad…) as well as the surrounding. The right design is also dictated by personal preference and latest trends in the market.
- Connectivity: These speakers normally connect to other devices via Wi-Fi but may also include auxiliary output. Leading brands however also allow connectivity via Bluetooth or USB cable and this improves versatility and reliability.
Best Airplay Speakers in 2018
10. iDeaUSA Airplay Speaker
The iDeaUSA brand has been making waves when it comes to Airplay Compatible speakers. This particular model is preferred for its portability, trendiness, and lightness. The wireless speaker comes with 2 x3W drivers and is compatible with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth that allow for Multi-room systems and stereo pairing.
The versatile 4-in-1 speaker has a bandwidth of up to 150Mbps and also includes TF card, Aux-in, 6 personalized presets and up to 10 hours play time.
9. Pioneer XW-SMA1-K A1 Speaker
This Wi-Fi speaker is not only good-looking, portable and reliable but also comes with advanced technology.
The energy-star certified product comes with a 20mm tweeter, 77mm woofers and two 10 watt amplifiers that produce powerful bass and crystal clear sound. It also includes AirPlay, Wireless-Direct, DLNA, and HTC Connect that allow for wireless streaming of sound from devices.
8. iHome iW2 AirPlay Speaker System
Wirelessly and conveniently stream music from iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTunes, and other devices using the iHome iW2 speaker system. This AirPlay-compatible speaker is more advanced than the earlier iW1 speaker in terms of sound quality, battery life and reliability.
It offers high fidelity sound courtesy of the 2 custom-tuned drivers and SRS TruBass sound whereas the iHome Connect app makes setting up the network easy. For charging the unit, a USB port and cable are included.
7. Logitech UE Air Speaker
Setting up a Wi-Fi network for streaming music from iPod, iPhone, iPad and other devices is relatively easy with the Logitech UE Air Speaker. The decently-sized speaker comes with Quick-start app for wireless connection to any device in the network.
It’s easily expandable to accommodate additional devices and charging the devices or playing music can easily be done via the built-in Apple Dock Connector.
6. GGMM M3 Retro Wi-Fi Speaker
Boasting of 40-watt output, this GGMM M3 Retro is perfect for streaming music from smart devices. It also supports streaming via internet radio and will work with Airplay, Pandora, DLNA, iHeart, Spotify and much more. The Wi-Fi has a reach of up to 160 feet which is adequate for most homes or offices.
Deep bass and the amazing rich sound is delivered via the two silk dome tweeters and two mid-bass speakers while the integrated DAC combats sound distortion and interference. It also works via Bluetooth, Aux and Wifi router.
5. IHome iW3 AirPlay Audio System
Although small, this Airplay audio system produces amazing sound quality and also has decent coverage. The Wi-Fi speaker supports a local network and will wirelessly stream audio from iPhone, iPad, iTunes, iPod touch and more.
It also can be connected via the USB sync cable or USB docking cable. And to offer you an experience, the silver speaker system produces high fidelity, deep rich bass, crisp, and clear sound.
4. GGMM M4 Leather Wireless Portable Speaker
This Apple MFI Certified portable speaker is ideal for barbecues, parties and general use. It works with both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to create a wireless audio network and setting up takes minutes.
Besides streaming from Apple devices, it also supports online streaming music services including iHeartRadio, Pandora, Spotify, iTunes, and much more. It has a Wi-Fi range of more than 160 feet and will last for as many as 10 hours on fill charge.
3. Libratone ZIPP Wireless Speaker
Supporting both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless audio streaming, the Libratone ZIPP offers full midrange, deep bass, and crisp highs.
It features powerful 100-watt speaker, 360 degree FullRoom acoustics and can pair as many as 6 ZIPP. This cool gadget can not only play audio but video apps as well. Its long-lasting rechargeable battery can last for 10 plus hours.
2. Sony SRSX7 Portable Speaker System
The Sony SRSX7 produces powerful 32 watt sound courtesy of the quality dual passive radiators (50 Hz to 20 kHz) subwoofer. It wirelessly streams sound from Apple devices through Bluetooth or Wi-Fi and suffers from minimal distortion even in great distances.
The portable NFC Wi-Fi and Bluetooth speaker scores highly in regards to audio quality, design, portability reliability, and ease of connection.
1. Philips AD7000W/37 Fidelio SoundAvia Speaker
People looking to take advantage of AirPlay technology will find the AD7000W/37 Fidelio from Phillips worthwhile. This wireless speaker is fit for wirelessly connecting to Apple devices including iPads, iPhone, and iPads.
With a frequency range of between 50Hz and 20Hz, the dual passive radiator subwoofer produces a rich sound that can easily be streamed via Bluetooth(aptX, AAC) or Wi-Fi ( AirPlay, DLNA).
Truth is AirPlay compatible speakers are quite many and it isn’t easy to compare and rank them. Nonetheless, we still took time and were able to find the top 10 best Airplay speakers in 2018.
Most of the featured units come in convenient and portable sizes, make use of easy-setup apps, feature both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth and are user-friendly. They are also stylish and trendy, suffer from minimal distortion, and produce high fidelity sound. You can be certain that the audio experience will be enjoyable and worth the time and effort.