If you constantly experience watery eyes, sinuses, dry eyes, scalp itching, dehydration, rashes, dry skin, cold and other related issues, chances are that the humidity in your home or office is a little low. According to research, the correct atmosphere should contain a bit of humidity. Unfortunately, this may not be so especially in the dry and hot season. A good way of creating the right environment is through use of humidifiers which releases some amount moisture throughout. Rather than going for types that require you to refill the container with water, people opt for whole-house types that can be connected to the water supply. The following in my view are the top 8 best whole-house humidifiers in 2018.
Best Whole-House Humidifier in 2018 List
- #8 AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Whole-House Pedestal-Styles Evaporative Humidifier, Espresso
- #7 AIRCARE MA0800 Digital Whole-House Evaporative Humidifier, White
- #6 HumeXL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- #5 URPOWER MH501 Humidifier, 5L, Black
- #4 MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, 1-Gallon Water Tank
- #3 Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
- #2 Aprilaire Model 500M Whole-house Bypass Humidifier
- #1 Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier
- The Benefits of a Whole-house Humidifier
#8 AIRCARE EP9 800 Digital Whole-House Pedestal-Styles Evaporative Humidifier, Espresso
By: Essick Air
Coming in a Pedestal-Style, this whole-house humidifier has coverage of up to 2,400 Square feet. This is perfect for most homes and offices. It works very quietly so as not to cause any disturbance and is easy to install. The unit features a digital humidistat for automatically selecting the best level and has a user-friendly interface. The unit is relatively light, weighing about 27 pounds. It also doesn’t take up lots of apace considering it measures 18(L) x 18(W) x 27.25(H) inches. It boasts of 9 fan speeds for varying the performance.
#7 AIRCARE MA0800 Digital Whole-House Evaporative Humidifier, White
This Console-Style humidifier is ideal for the whole house and works quite well. The evaporative unit is ideal for most types of rooms and installs in a simple and straightforward manner. The practical unit features a digital humidistat for automatically varying the moisture level and a friendly digital control for easy use. The 3-speed motor runs quietly and has a decent coverage to cater for most homes and offices. To conserve energy and extend its lifespan, the humidifier shuts off once the desired humidity is achieved.
#6 HumeXL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
By: Pure Enrichment
You shouldn’t suffer from cold, flu, dry throat, coughs, sinuses, dry skin or dry scalp because of low humidity in the room. With this whole-house humidifier, the atmosphere in the room will have the right moisture level. The fairly large unit is simple to install and has a 1.3 gallon /5-liter water tank and two mist settings (High, Low). It will produce fine mist for as many as 50 hours on low setting and up to 16 hours on high setting. The user-friendly Touch-Button interface improves operation whereas the simple design improves cleaning and maintenance.
#5 URPOWER MH501 Humidifier, 5L, Black
You shouldn’t be a victim of sinuses, dry throat, coughs, flu or skin irritation because of little or no humidity in the room. With this humidifier, the room will be very humid and very conducive. The large unit has a 5-liter capacity and is suitable for most everyday use. It’s easy to install, comes with a simple design, and works very quietly and seamlessly. The black colored unit looks very modern and trendy and will improve the beauty of the room. It can operate nonstop without overheat and produces a fine mist for as many as 17 hours.
#4 MistAire XL Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, 1-Gallon Water Tank
By: Pure Enrichment
This whole house humidifier can cater for large room very well thanks to its large 1-gallon water tank. The manufacturer recommends it to be used in spaces up to 500 square feet including the office, home, and store. It can run for between 10 to 24 hours and has a seamless operation for maximum satisfaction. The handy unit comes with auto shut-off to prevent damage in case it runs low on water. It also helps to conserve energy and reduce wastage whereas the soft might light option improves its appeal as well as mood.
#3 Vornado Evap40 4-Gallon Evaporative Humidifier
Designed to cover spaces up to 1,000 square feet, this evaporative humidifier from Vornado is what you need for a conducive environment. It delivers a fine mist to increase the humidity level in the room. It is among the very silent types on the market and will run continuously without any errors. The unit’s 3-speed setting (High, Medium, Low), gives you several options to suit your need and room condition. It features the renowned vortex circulation for improved operation and has an adjustable humidistat for the best performance. The 4-gallon capacity allows it to turn for about 24 hours.
#2 Aprilaire Model 500M Whole-house Bypass Humidifier
This whole-house bypass humidifier will ensure the room is humid especially in the hot dry days, in semi-arid and arid regions. It has a good coverage and is perfect for areas up to 3000 square feet. It’s among the most efficient in its class since it uses about 0.5 gallons of water per hour. The unit can be installed in existing systems (cooling system duct, and central heating) without a hassle. Fitting is straightforward and doesn’t require advanced knowledge or sophisticated tools. The bypass is very silent and smooth operating and can be installed in the bedroom and other areas that require utmost silence.
#1 Aprilaire 700 Automatic Humidifier
Coming in a simple design, this whole-house humidifier will provide good humidity in an area as large as 4,200 square feet. It’s ideal for homes and offices and runs very smoothly and silently. The stylish appliance loses about 0.75 gallons per hour and is fully automatic for improved running. And courtesy of the Automatic Digital Control, you don’t need to keep an eye on the unit. It will adjust the setting to suit the desired environment and also includes temperature indicators. Maintaining the unit is simple and easy and maintains utmost silence when running.
The Benefits of a Whole-house Humidifier
- Improves the ambiance: A good whole-house humidifier makes the surrounding air more effective and this allows you to breathe better.
- Prevents colds and flu: The right humidity stops flu and cold which is at times caused by air that is too dry. In addition, in protect the nasal system from drying up or irritation.
- Prevents sinuses, dry eyes, and skin irritation: Using the best whole-house humidifier will stop you scratching your scalp or it feeling too dry or flaking. The moisture also helps to prevent patchy skin, dry eyes, and skin irritation.
- Reduces static electricity and dust: with the right accessory, you’ll experience less of static and dust. This means the room will be much cleaner and also protects items specifically electronics and gadgets from static electricity damage.
- Protects furniture and other items: A good humidifier will stop your plants, furniture, wood floors, paint, wallpaper, and plants from decaying.
- User-friendly: Unlike standalone unifiers that require the tank or be filled with water, whole house type is connected to the water supply. You thus don’t need to keep on topping the water level or monitoring the unit.
You don’t need to endure dry air inside the room. You don’t need to frequently suffer from dry eyes, sinuses, dehydration, scalp scratching, dry skin, cold, or skin irritation because the atmosphere in the room is a little too dry. Also, you don’t need to keep on refilling the humidifier with water as part of ownership. With the best whole-house humidifiers in 2018, you’ll enjoy the ideal atmosphere that has the right humidity. This will ensure you breathe better and are also more relaxed and don’t suffer from the aforementioned problems. Additionally, your furniture, fixtures, paint, plants, wood floors and other items will also be well protected.