Every vehicle is a machine that can break down at any point of time and in any place without prior warning. You may not get a mechanic instantly and you have to do some repairing yourself so that you can get it going again and take your vehicle to the nearby mechanic shop. Different vehicles require a different set of tools and if you own a truck, you need a truck tool box to carry all the tools required to troubleshoot most of the common problems your truck may face.
A truck tool box helps in keep the tools organized and makes it easy to access them instantly. It also protects the expensive tools from various weather conditions as well as from theft. We have listed the best possible top 10 truck tool boxes that you can buy to keep all your tools safely in your truck and access them in times of emergency.
Best Truck Tool Boxes In 2020 List
#10. Red Label Crossover Tool Box
By: Dee Zee
Dee Zee Tool Box is a medium-sized room to keep your tools safe. For the construction, Brite-Tread aluminum is used to ensure your high quality. It comes attached with a lid and other features like those handles made of stainless steel and offer a lockable experience, dampened gas shocks, self-adjusting strikers, etc. as an add-on you also get a plastic tray that is detachable and can be used to place small items. The overall body offers you an anti-rust ability, and the Closed Cell Foam Gasket does not allow entering any material like blowing sand or snow inside the box.
#9. 3-Piece Pickup Truck Bed Tool Box
This three-pack of the chest-style toolbox is recommended if you have some vehicles and needs a pretty heavy amount of tools. Professionals that work with repairing vehicles can own this set of toolboxes. There are all sizes from small to the big one that you can use as per your journey or need of truck tools.
#8. SwingCase Truck Storage Box 2002-2017 Ram
Secure your tool using this strong toolbox that is specifically built for mounting the heavy tools. If you ever feel like you may lose the toolbox while driving the truck, then buy these easy-mount clamps, and each pair comes with two clamps that are perfect for mounting needs. For the construction, aluminum is used, and as per your needs, you can select either to buy one pair or two pairs. UnderCover ensures you a durable piece that comes with great packaging and all the add-ons required. This way, you can experience a securely mounted toolbox that will easily stand against tough environments.
#7. 24″ Truck Tool Box Aluminum Trailer Truck
Get this 24 inches chest-style toolbox if you want to load up lightweight tools. This is recommended for anyone who feels carrying just a small piece of the toolbox. The material used is aluminum that promotes a lightweight with a bit of alloy too. It has a sturdy construction that can bear heavy loads while giving you an appealing look as being a toolbox. It is a small-sized box, but it adds up all the innovative features that any idle toolbox should possess. You can use it for storing all types of tools like handling tools, planks, chains, jacks, wrenches, and other supplies as well. For the outside dimension, it is: 60x40x45.5cm and inside: 51×33.5cm with a total weight of 9.6 kg.
#6. 2 Fold-Away Utility Toolbox 2015-18 FORD F150 All
A toolbox that is way more innovative than any regular toolbox. The toolbox goes well with any truck bed cover and offers a big room for storage. So for the innovation and convenience, anyone looking for a quality toolbox can prefer this one. It is completely foldable, that means you can fold it when not in use and open it full when you need to load heavy tools. Also, it is not made of aluminum but includes an FRP construction that is way better than aluminum constructions. A secure lock always comes handy when you need to keep it safe from strangers.
#5. Aluminum Tool Box With Lock Pickup Truck Bed Storage
The next one is from Yaheetech that features the construction of aluminum having a chrome finish to give it a premium look. The construction seems sturdy, and all the security add-ons are attached to keep your stuff in place. To keep your hands safe, there is an inner buckle, and those two side handles make it very easy to hold and place wherever you want. There is one built-in lock with two keys that you can use to keep your tools safe.
#4. 49″x15″Aluminum Tool Box Tote Storage
If you want something with that extra space, then this box is a perfect choice. Anyone who normally loads up the truck with heavy and lots of tools can purchase this big storing toolbox. The inner size features a lot more space than average toolboxes. Also, the brand takes care of your security and thus provides a built-in lock and two keys to open it up. He handles on each side can be used when you carry the toolbox as they divide the weight into two equal parts. For the construction, high quality of ceramic is used that gives it durability, and you can use it in your truck, RV, or ATV.
#3. TXKPGR-0502 Job Site Box, 36″, Gray
It is more like a job site box that means instead of mounting it in your truck, you can carry around your tools and do the job. It is a small toolbox that you can carry anywhere or blot down on any site you work. The material and finish use an anti-rust property that keeps it from collision even in a wet environment. The inner construction takes care of the outer material and keeps your box clean no matter how the weather is. To make it easy opening and closing, there are gas mounted lifts so you can open it in just a second and close it like a charm.
#2. Black Poly All-Purpose Chest (6.3 Cubic ft.)
By: Buyers Products
If you own a big-sized yet lightweight toolbox, then Buyers Products brings you the amazing piece. All the items and mechanics used in construction give you durability, lightweight, dent- and rust-resistant, and much more. The design is well-constructed too that makes the mounting so easy in your truck. You can store all types of tools and gears in this box that you need on your journey. If you buy this toolbox, it is going to be a good deal for the money and the features as well.
#1. SwingCase Truck Storage Box 2007-2017 Silverado/Sierra
It ensures you a secure place to keep all your truck tools properly managed. It is wide enough to store a pretty good amount of accessories other than just tools. You can mount it anywhere in your truck or any other vehicle and let it does the rest. Opening and closing it just takes a second and this way, it becomes the most portable toolbox among all of these. To give you easy access the toolbox swings outside on the back of the truck.
Buyer’s Guides – Things To Keep In Mind
Buying a truck tool box may seem to be an easy shopping task, but it is not. Before buying a toolbox for your truck tool, you need to understand the types of truck tool boxes available in the market.
Types of Truck Tool Boxes
- Crossover: It is the most common truck tool box and they can stay in a crossover position from one side of the truck to the other. Most of the crossover tool boxes have one lid only and if you place them just behind the back window of the truck, the lid will open towards the back window to get support. There are also double lid tool boxes available and each lid can be locked separately. There are also gull wing cross tool boxes which open from the center and the two lids stand erect while fully opened. Depending on your requirements, you can choose any of them.
- Side Mount: Many people do not like a toolbox in a cross over the position as it takes up some vital space where many goods could have been kept easily. For them, the side mount toolbox is a better option. These toolboxes sit on the side of the bed rails and they can span the entire length of the rail if there is a need for a larger area to keep more tools. There are various compartments available to keep the tools organizers and they can have one or multiple lids.
- Tool Chest: If you have enough space on the bed of your truck and you can give dedicated space to your toolbox, a tool chest is the best one for you. They take up space like any other box that you keep on the truck bed, but they are tightly attached and mounted to the bed rails.
Parameters To Consider
- Material: Various types of material are used for the construction of truck tool box. Some use aluminum to make it lightweight and protective against various weather conditions. Steel is one of the most common materials used and they are designed for heavy-duty rough usage. They are stronger than aluminum and highly durable. To lower the cost, some have a plastic construction which is easy to break open and less durable. You can learn more about material used in truck tool box.
- Protection: As the toolbox will be kept on the truck bed, it will be subjected to harsh weather conditions and bumps. The box needs to have properties like waterproof, dustproof, highly durable for heavy-duty usage, and likewise. It should be sustainable against UV rays and strong sunlight.
- Security: The tools that you will keep in your truck toolbox are worth a lot of money. It is very easy for a theft to steal them as the box stays in the open for easy access. Therefore, the lock that comes with the toolbox is extremely important to examine. It must be of metal and that too thick so that breaking it open becomes extremely difficult.
Apart from these, you have to pay attention to the dimensions to fit your truck in the available space and it must have enough space to carry all the tools. The style and design are important parameters too if you are looking for compartments and exterior design to make it attractive.
If you have a truck, acquiring the best truck tool boxes is a must-have and you should buy it on the first day because security and safety is always the priority. All the listed truck tool boxes are of premium quality and they have different structures and features to suit your requirements and provide the best value for your money. You can keep your tools in proper places so that they do not mingle up and they stay protected from weather conditions and theft.