Invented more than 4 decades ago, the sewing machine continues to amaze many people. It allows you to stitch or join garments very fast and quite accurately and can also stitch in very many designs. The best sewing machines can be computerized to operate without human intervention whereas others double as an embroidery machine. Nonetheless, despite the many improvements, all machines aren’t the same. Some will be exceptional. Others okay, while some will be bad. After receiving so many queries about the latest sewing machines, I decided to review the top 9 best sewing machines in 2019. Read on to find which they are.
List of Top 9 Best Sewing Machines in 2019
- List of Top 9 Best Sewing Machines in 2019
- #9 Haitral Portable Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine
- #8 Brother XM2701 Full-Featured Lightweight Sewing Machine
- #7 SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
- #6 Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Sewing Machine
- #5 SINGER 7258 Stylist Sewing Machine
- #4 Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Sewing Machine
- #3 Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
- #2 Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine
- #1 Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing Machine
- Why You Need To Own A Sewing Machine?
- 【PORTABLE & CONVENIENT】- The sewing machine is a perfect size that fits in most large carry-on bags. It is so lightweight that you can hang this on your pegboard to continue your creative work anywhere, anytime.
- 【DOUBLE SWITCH】- This unique sewing machine has a FOOT PEDAL and a PUSH BUTTON HAND SWITCH. It's up to you which one you want to use.
- 【DOUBLE SPEED FOR DIY BEGINNER】- There are 2 speeds-Low/High. The speed can be adjusted to ensure that any novice or even master can work on their projects in a hassle-free manner.
- 【DUAL POWER OPERATION】- This product allows you to power on by the use of 4, AA-batteries (Not included in the package) when you're somewhere without a power plug or too far from a wall plug.
- 【EASY-TO-SEE】- The brightly lit sewing area is especially useful when sewing on the dark fabrics.
- VERSATILE FREE ARM SEWING MACHINE: The Brother XM2701 27 stitch free arm sewing machine is perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects, and users from beginners to advanced
- 27 UNIQUE BUILT IN STITCHES: This machine includes decorative, blind hem, zigzag, and stretch stitches as well as other built in stitches. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) 800
- 6 QUICK CHANGE SEWING FEET: The XM2701 includes 6 quick change sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, narrow hemmer, blind stitch, zigzag and button sewing
- JAM RESISTANT: The Brother XM2701 features a jam resistant drop in top bobbin, a brightly lit LED work area, 27 stitches, and 63 stitch functions
- 25 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: This machine includes an instructional DVD, a bilingual user manual, and FREE technical support for the life of the product
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The 23 built-in stitches including basic, stretch, decorative, and buttonhole stitches allow you to sew a variety of projects, such as fashions, home décor, quilts, crafts, and more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration
- HIGH-SPEED SEWING MACHINE:The Singer 4423 Sewing Machine has a maximum sewing speed of 1, 100 stitches-per-minute, so projects can be sewn quickly. The 60% Stronger Motor provides greater piercing power for thick seams
- HEAVY DUTY METAL FRAME: The Singer 4423 heavy duty sewing machine is a true workhorse. With a heavy-duty metal interior frame, stainless steel bedframe, extra-high sewing speed and powerful motor, this sewing machine can sew through a variety of heavy weight fabrics and provides long lasting stability
- SEWING MACHINE ACCESSORIES: A variety of accessories are included with All-purpose foot, zipper foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot, seam ripper/lint brush, quilting guide, needles, bobbins, screwdriver, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt are all conveniently located and stored in the accessory tray. A soft-sided dust cover is also included in the packaging
- Easy to use, value packed and versatile, perfect for a wide range of everyday sewing projects
- Least expensive Brother sewing machine that Includes a wide table for large scale projects such as quilts
- 37 unique built in stitches, including a great selection of decorative stitches (74 total stitch functions), and a one step auto size button holer for virtually perfect buttonholes
- Includes 8 sewing feet, with buttonhole, zipper, zigzag, blind stitch, button sewing, narrow hemmer, walking and quilting feet. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute):800
- Ease of use features include built in needle threader, jam resistant top drop in bobbin and brightly lit LED work area
- PUSH BUTTON STITCH SELECTION: The SINGER Stylist 7258 sewing machine allows you to select the desired stitch with just a simple push of a button. Optimum settings for length, width and tension are set automatically and are customizable with adjustable stitch length and stitch width. Volts : 120V. Amps : 0.62. Watts-74
- WARRANTY: SINGER Stylist 7258 Sewing Machine has 25 Year Limited Warranty , 60 Hertz
- This sewing machine is warranted for use in the US and Canada at 110 volts only
- 100 built in utility, decorative and heirloom stitches, each with multiple stitch functions
- Super wide (7 millimeter) zigzag and decorative stitches
- Built In Sewing Font for Basic Monogramming
- Oversized Wide Table for Quilting and Larger Projects. Comes with included hard cover
- We do not recommend using this machine in countries that do not support 120 Volt AC even if a voltage adapter is in use
- Easy turn dial pattern selection
- 12 built-in stitches including a four-step buttonhole
- Stitch width adjustment and length adjustment ensures ease of use
- Drop feed for free motion sewing and quilting
- 110-volt machine, for use in US only
- SIMPLE TO USE SEWING AND QUILTING MACHINE: The CS6000i sewing and quilting machine is user friendly. The stitch selector switch allows you to easily see and choose your stitch
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER: This quilting machine includes an automatic needle threader that perfectly pushes thread through the needle. LCD Display Size (W x H) 2.0 x 0.7 Inches
- ADJUSTABLE SEWING SPEED: The Brother CS6000i sewing and quilting machine features an adjustable stitch speed that gives you easy control; Stitch Length (millimeter): 5
- WIDE TABLE: Designed for quilts and other larger projects, the CS6000i includes a wide table that gives you extra space. Maximum Sewing Speed (Stitches Per Minute) : 850
- BUILT IN FREE ARM: Doing intricate sewing projects is simple thanks to the free arm that helps sew sleeves, pant legs, and other cylindrical items. Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for User Manual
- COMBINATION SEWING & QUILTING: The HC1850 is a fantastic multipurpose sewing and quilting machine that is easy to use and packed with features
- 130 BUILT IN STITCHES: This quilting and sewing machine includes 8 styles of one step auto size buttonholes and multiple decorative stitches
- QUILTING FEATURES: The HC1850 comes with a detachable wide table, spring action quilting foot, and the ability to do free motion quilting
- MULTIPLE ACCESSORIES: This sewing machine comes with 8 specialty feet including zigzag foot, overcasting foot, monogramming foot, zipper foot, blind stitch foot, buttonhole foot, button sewing foot and quilting foot
- 25 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: The Brother HC1850 comes with an instructional DVD, a bilingual user manual, and free customer phone and online technical support for the life of the product.Stitch Selector Type:Mode & Shift Key
Last update on 2019-09-16 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#9 Haitral Portable Mini 2-Speed Sewing Machine
If portability and reliability are what you are after, then this sewing machine by Haitral is perfect. It comes in a compact nature and is also very light for easy carrying and storage. It’s moderately small to fit in small spaces but provides good performance and delivers professional results. The nice looking machine is fit for simple as well as complex stitching and includes automatic thread rewinding for time-saving and convenience. You can adjust the speed to suit your need at hand and experience and thanks to the included instructions, learning how to use it isn’t a problem.
#8 Brother XM2701 Full-Featured Lightweight Sewing Machine
The XM2701 sewing machine by Brother is very reliable and also very durable. It’s suited for users who want simplicity but desire professional results. The unit features 21 built-in stitches and is perfect for everyday applications and is also very easy to operate. In fact, first-time users say that they never have issues learning how to use it thanks to the included simple instructions. It operates very fast and can stitch in different formats including straight, zigzag, blind hems, buttonhole stitching and more.
#7 SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Sewing Machine
There is no question that Singer is one of the notable brands in regards to the top-quality sewing machines. The 4423 model is among the top sellers and is designed for home and also commercial applications. It’s known for its decent speeds that deliver fast results and high-quality stitching for the professional results. The heavy-duty piece can stitch 23 basic stitches and is fully automatic for easy use. It’s very well built to handle a demanding job but runs pretty smoothly. The item comes with the necessary accessories including buttonhole foot, screwdriver, quilting guide, seam ripper, zipper foot, bobbin, spool pin felt and auxiliary spool pin.
#6 Brother XR3774 Full-Featured Sewing Machine
By: Brother Sewing
Why should you stress yourself when sewing or quilting? With this machine by Brother Sewing, you’ll be able to enjoy the stitching process thanks to its reliable and good performance. The unit is praised for its speedy operation, high-quality performance and user-friendliness. It’s perfect for domestic as well as commercial use and features an instructional DVD for showing you different stitching and quilting design. It has 37 stitching designs, a wide table for laying out your work, 8 feet sewing and is very moveable.
#5 SINGER 7258 Stylist Sewing Machine
If you closely follow top-rated sewing machines, then you are aware that this model has won awards for reliability and excellence. The Singer sewing machine comes with 100 built-in stitches including 76 decorative, 8 stretch, 9 basic and 7 automated buttonhole stitches. The computerized unit is very easy to use and is ideal for the home, fashion sewing, decorative sewing, heirloom, crafts and much more. It’s a fairly fast sewing machine but also one of the most silent on the market. The manufacturer says that it will stitch up to 750 stitches per minute.
#4 Brother XR9500PRW Project Runway Sewing Machine
By: Brother Sewing
Imagine what you’ll do with a sewing machine that comes with 100 built-in stitches? Well, this is what the XR9500PRW model from Brother Sewing does. It’s loved by both beginners and professionals due to its good service and simplicity and is a constant entry in the best sewing machines reviews. The Unit has a fairly large work area to handle large pieces and is powered via 120V AC power outlet. Other than normal stitching, this machine is also perfect for quilting and decorative stitching. The unit comes with a hard cover for extra protection and runs very smoothly.
#3 Janome 2212 Sewing Machine
This sewing machine looks very simple and basic. However, once you get to use it, you’ll love everything about it. One, it has a range of high-quality stitching to suit everyday needs. Two, it’s very easy to operate even for a person using a sewing machine for the first time. Actually, you’ll learn different skills by simply following the manual. Third, it’s a lightweight and compact machine and carrying or moving it isn’t an issue. Four, the machine can easily be adjusted to suit different pieces and runs quietly.
#2 Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine
By: Brother Sewing
You don’t need to keep complaining that the sewing machine isn’t delivering the best results. You also shouldn’t tolerate a noisy machine even if its delivering professional results With the CS6000i sewing machine by Brother Sewing, you’ll own one of the top sewing machines in the market. Although it has been on the market for quite some time, this machine is still a favorite for many people. Many users love the high performance and decent speed, others like its simplicity and easy operation, while there are those who love the wide range of stitching options.
#1 Brother HC1850 Computerized Sewing Machine
By: Brother Sewing
I have owned this machine for one year and in my honest opinion, it’s the best’s sewing machine in 2019. I first got attracted to it because of the many stitching options. This means that I could join or decorate garments in many ways. I also loved how simple it was to select the desired pattern and it also delivered very accurate results. This machine is a good choice for beginners and experienced users and has a decent speed to handle different work volumes. In case you run into problems or aren’t sure of something, you simply follow the instructions that are contained in the DVD.
Why You Need To Own A Sewing Machine?
- Time efficient: Stitching with a sewing machine is way faster than using the hand or manual methods. In fact, with modern automated types, you’ll be amazed by the exceptional speeds.
- Energy Saving: You will use less effort when operating a sewing machine compared to manual stitching. Additionally, the possibility of injuring yourself because of pricking self with a needle is nonexistent.
- Versatility: Sewing machines can stitch in very many designs. As a matter of fact, the top-rated sewing machines will offer hundreds of designs to cater for different requirements.
- Elegant: It’s obvious that machine stitching stands out and is more elegant than hand stitching. The spacing will be exact; the patterns perfect, and the finish will be amazing. Chances of errors are also minimal.
- Reliability: A good sewing machine is reliable and delivers topnotch work even when used in a demanding situation. This is usually credited to the superior designing and good quality.
- Peace of Mind: The last thing you want is a machine that keeps breaking down, creates errors on the work, or provides inconsistent results. Such issues are unlikely with the best sewing machine.
There you go. The top 9 best sewing machines in 2019. One thing I must admit is that picking the best machines was much harder than I had anticipated. First, the machines are quite many and picking a handful isn’t easy. Two, they have lots of similarities in regards to speed, functionality, reliability, performance, portability, versatility and more. Three, modern machines are very advanced and sophisticated and perform way better than their earlier counterparts. Four, due to the different consumer preferences and needs, it’s hard to find a machine that will cater to each and every need. Nevertheless, I did unearth the top-rated sewing machines on the market. Pick any of the items and have a good time stitching, sewing, or embroidering.