The value of a chef knife in food preparation cannot be ignored. Any serious cooking hobbyist, home cooking enthusiasts or culinary expert understands how a good quality chef knife could accentuate your decor and make cooking a memorable experience. Whether it’s a quick meal after work or a dinner party, investing in a good set of knives will save time in the kitchen yet still comfortable and easy to use. Because we care about you, we’ve put down a roundup of knives that give the best. We are hopeful that this guide will assist you to avoid other poorly constructed, pretentious and even high priced models during selection.
- List of Top 10 Best Professional Chef Knives in 2019
- #10 Chef Knife with 8-Inch Stainless Steel Razor Sharp Blade for Easier Cutting, Slicing, Carving
- #9 ORBLUE Chef’s Knife
- #8 Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Tempered Glass Block
- #7 Kuma Chef Knife Multi-Purpose – RAZOR SHARP OUT OF THE BOX – Best 8 Inch Chef’s Knife
- #6 Allezola Professional Chef’s Knife, 7.5 Inch German High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife
- #5 Chef Knife, AUGYMER 8 Inch Professional Chefs Knife Japanese High Carbon (AUCK645)
- #4 Equinox Professional Chef’s Knife – 8-inch Full Tang Blade – 100% German Steel
- #3 ZELITE INFINITY Chef Knife 8 inch – Alpha-Royal Series – Best Quality Japanese AUS10
- #2 Imarku Pro Kitchen 8 Inch Chef’s Knife High Carbon Stainless Steel Sharp Knives
- #1 Ross Henery Professional Eclipse Premium Stainless Steel 9 Piece Starter Chef’s Knife
- Factors to Consider Before Buying A Professional Chef Knife
- Wrapping it up!
List of Top 10 Best Professional Chef Knives in 2019
#10 Chef Knife with 8-Inch Stainless Steel Razor Sharp Blade for Easier Cutting, Slicing, Carving
By: Kitchen Galaxy
What persuaded us to add this tapered piece to our selection is the ergonomics behind its ability to slice, dice and cut with absolutely zero strain. Not to mention the high use and stylish design meant to contribute significantly to your kitchen décor. Front to back, this blade is crafted from stainless and rust-resistant steel blended with carbon. The blend is nicely curved, smooth and balanced reducing the effort you need to move and offers a steady rock for a long time.
It is heftier and more firm than its Japanese counterparts. This 8” chef knife is not the type that turns slick at the very idea of kitchen oil. It is a well-made product worth adding to your cart.
#9 ORBLUE Chef’s Knife
For a super sharp, easy-care, rust-proof chef knife that is tough, good-looking and worth splashing out on, check out this pick. The 5.1” blade goes well beyond its intended uses offering restaurant-quality results. Both the blade and handle are products of stainless steel that can hold up to time while still retaining its sharpness and resisting dulling and corrosion over the years. It has a non-slip handle for your safety and ease of use and weighs appropriately for all your slicing, chopping, cutting, fruits, meat and veggies. A sensible option too.
#8 Mercer Culinary Genesis 6-Piece Forged Knife Block Set, Tempered Glass Block
By: Mercer Culinary
A stylish set of cutlery that offers all you need in knives and still looks amazing in your kitchen. The set features 6 knives; a chef knife, bread knife, boning knife, utility knife and paring knife. Precision forged German steel has been carefully built into the sparkly blade. That said, you are sure to avoid rust, corrosion, and discoloration with this option.
For a steady, secure and comfortable grip, the bolster to provide balance and support paired with the ergonomic Santoprene handle are perfect at what they do. Great value for what it costs.
#7 Kuma Chef Knife Multi-Purpose – RAZOR SHARP OUT OF THE BOX – Best 8 Inch Chef’s Knife
To achieve soft and precise slicing, carving, cutting, mincing & chopping, try this adorable, razor sharp, Japanese blade. It is perfectly balanced, swift and just the correct weight for what it was built for. The soft yet durable 3Cr13 stainless steel that is used in the blade is soft enough to allow for quick and easy sharpening and still tough enough to make it through your everyday use. It is beautifully made for fine performance and enjoyment, another decent buy.
#6 Allezola Professional Chef’s Knife, 7.5 Inch German High Carbon Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife
This is aimed at cooks who want high carbon stainless steel knives, which means more strength and durability. The 4116 high carbon stainless steel is creatively molded into a thin but strong hand-edged 7.5” German blade. The fine edge, thin profile and precision feel means it cuts easily and cleanly
The nicely curved handle is made from premium Micarta that boldly resists moisture, breakage, slips or stains. It is smooth, precise and flawless in every chop, mince, cut, slice, and dice. If you are genuine about improving your cooking performances, this is what you should seek.
#5 Chef Knife, AUGYMER 8 Inch Professional Chefs Knife Japanese High Carbon (AUCK645)
This Made in Japan chef’s knife is a requisite, indispensable multi-tool of the kitchen
The chef knife Stainless steel contains an amount of chromium, which enhancing the sharpness of the knife also improve the anti-rust ability. The degree of sharpness is enhanced by the added chromium that also makes the blade glittery, stronger and excellent anti-rust ability.
The wooden handle retains its grip even when your hands get wet or greasy. This chef knife is generally strong and balanced, and the handle is comfortable and secure to hold with its ergonomic design
#4 Equinox Professional Chef’s Knife – 8-inch Full Tang Blade – 100% German Steel
By: Equinox International
Ever found yourself stuck dicing potatoes for a bunch of hungry friends and family you have over? Then this is just the knife you’d need to avoid such situations. It the least costly alternative than all the other offerings and manages to maintain a decent edge. Instead of buying a number of specialized knives to do the different cutting, slicing or dicing jobs, order this inexpensive, multi-use one instead. It is engineered to cut, slice, and dice with the least effort possible.
The 8.75” blade is built from German steel to prevent rust from forming over time and maintain the default sharpness. A 4.5 inch ABS handle has been made strong, durable, and moisture-resistant and is shaped specifically to make it easy to hold and control your effortless rock while cutting. A great option that’s well worth what it goes for.
#3 ZELITE INFINITY Chef Knife 8 inch – Alpha-Royal Series – Best Quality Japanese AUS10
By: Zelite Infinity
The ideal chef knife should be sharp, strong and nice in its own right, and that is exactly what this blade has to offer. Like all great designs, the 8” is nicely balanced and truly comfortable. Crafted from super steel with 67-layer high carbon stainless steel, the blade comes slender, sharp, fluid and resistant to corrosion, stain, rust, and discoloring.
And then for the right grip, the rounded top military grade G10 black handle triple riveted is strong and durable for your day to day use. It also makes an elegant, stylish, and sturdy design for great visual looks. If you have had enough of those dull knives that cannot cut tomatoes, then go for this sleek, sturdy and well-constructed chef knife.
#2 Imarku Pro Kitchen 8 Inch Chef’s Knife High Carbon Stainless Steel Sharp Knives
Who doesn’t want a knife that is handsome, sharp, and comfortable to hold, and designed to slice and dice its way through the roughest and toughest foods? The Imarku 9-inch chef’s knife is reasonably priced and does an excellent job so we had to include it too. It is persistently sharp, well-balanced, gently curved blade and comfortable.
The high carbon stain resistant steel is specialized to ensure that the important features of the blade are maintained. The Pakka handle is ergonomically designed to encourage your hand to be in the right position and is incredibly comfortable.
#1 Ross Henery Professional Eclipse Premium Stainless Steel 9 Piece Starter Chef’s Knife
By: Ross Henery Professional
Let’s end with the best, this set has been prized by top chefs as top quality. Featuring 6 knives, this set boasts a chef knife, carving knife, utility knife, paring knife, boning knife and bread knife. Do you really need anything more? Each of the pieces portrays significant sharpness, edge retention and stain resistance thanks to the high carbon premium stainless steel. They will easily and effortlessly cut through almost everything you want them to. If you’re not planning to sharpen your knife regularly, it may be the best choice.
Factors to Consider Before Buying A Professional Chef Knife
- Price: The price must be taken into account for any purchase. Before going on a shopping spree, decide what price range you are comfortable with and stick to products that are within that range. This will ensure you don’t dig so deep into your pocket.
- Knife blade material: When choosing the right blade, remember that carbon steel blades are generally sharper, more precise knives, but require much more maintenance than their stainless steel siblings. If you want a heavier choice that requires less maintenance then go with composite handles. They are lighter and less slippery than steel.
- Weight: It is a general idea that a heavier knife will easily cut through with the aid of the force created by its weight. A lighter knife is, however, easier to handle and maneuver. Decide what is best for your hands. A heavier knife can also be used in smashing ingredients like garlic and is more effective in removing meat from bones.
- Balance: Balance is achieved by both the blade and handle. Front to back, ensure the knife is comfortable weighed and balanced depending on your personal preference as balance varies from one person to another. Side to side balance is as well crucial for stability, precision, and ease of use. Knives come in left- and right-handed models, ensure you get what is perfect for you.
- Size: The sizes of chef knives vary from 6 – 12 inches; the 8-inch chef’s knife is the most preferred among cooks because it’s versatile. A longer blade can cut more volume but may feel intimidating and strenuous to small hands. A 6-inch chef’s knife is agiler but is difficult to use on large volumes of food.
Wrapping it up!
We have focused on the highest-rated best professional chef knives known for their unsurpassed performance, incomparable resilience and unbeaten finishing. By picking any out of the selection, you are sure to enjoy the fairest tradeoff and dedicated service. Take note of the cleaning instructions, some picks are dishwasher safe yet some demand washing in warm soapy water.