A pencil sharpener is a must-have if you want the best writing or sketches. A good piece ensures the tip is well sculpted and the graphite is the right length and shape.
Furthermore, it helps to minimize wastage by removing the minimal writing material. While the sharpeners work in a similar fashion, they will be very different. Some work faster than others, others produce a nice writing point, whereas some items shave the bare minimum to extend the pencil’s lifespan. This review will walk you through the best pencil sharpeners on the market.
- Top 8 Best Pencil Sharpeners in 2018 List
- #8 Staedtler Pencil Sharpener (STD51163)
- #7 Prismacolor Scholar Pencil Sharpener
- #6 Sanford VE99016 Prismacolor Pencil Sharpener
- #5 LINKYO Electric Pencil Sharpener, Gray
- #4 TripWorthy Battery Operated Electric Pencil Sharpener
- #3 PowerMe Ultra-Portable Electric Pencil Sharpener
- #2 Victagen Electric Heavy-duty Pencil Sharpener with Automatic Helical Steel Blade
- #1 X-ACTO Electric Pencil Sharpener, Blue
- Choosing A Pencil Sharpener:
Top 8 Best Pencil Sharpeners in 2018 List
#8 Staedtler Pencil Sharpener (STD51163)
The Staedtler brand is world famous and has produced different types of pencils and pencil sharpener. The STD51163 is a top choice from the company and is perfect for various types of pencils. It is manually-operated and can be used anywhere since you don’t need to worry about batteries or a power point. The unit is crafted from sturdy plastic and features a sharp blade for easy and quick sharpening. It delivers a smooth sharp tip and doesn’t leave any roughness. It is also easy to carry courtesy of the lightweight and compact design.
#7 Prismacolor Scholar Pencil Sharpener
You don’t need to apply lots of force when sharpening your pencils. You also don’t need different types of sharpeners to sharpen different types. This unit from Prismacolor will handle pencils from the brand as well as other manufacturers. It is lightweight and easy to carry around and store. The accessory has a translucent body for easy viewing of the contents for easy disposal. It sharpens in a smooth and gentle manner and doesn’t leave any mess or rough edges. The top-quality piece is tolerant to falls, daily use, and is suitable for children as well as adults.
#6 Sanford VE99016 Prismacolor Pencil Sharpener
You will love this pencil sharpener for many reasons. One, it has a translucent body for quick and easy viewing of the shavings. This helps you in emptying it and to prevent making the area dirty. Two, it is lightwei9ght for better carrying. It fits in small spaces with ease thanks to its compact and space-saving design. Three, the ultra sharp high-quality stainless blade sharpens very fast. Four, the versatile blade can handle different types of tips and pencils. Consumers also love its simplicity, easy use, and maintenance.
#5 LINKYO Electric Pencil Sharpener, Gray
Say goodbye to manually sharpen pencils. This battery powered unit sharpens different types of pencils and works seamlessly and fast. It comes in a small and compact size for easy use and carrying and is suitable for children and adults. The powerful motor and sharp steel blades easily shave the unwanted materials leaving you with a rounded tip. It comes in a practical size for placing on the table, desk, backpack and other placers. Thanks to the safe construction, you won’t be injured by the blade.
#4 TripWorthy Battery Operated Electric Pencil Sharpener
This pencil sharpener combines versatility, efficiency, durability, and quality. It’s fit for students, teachers, artists, business people and many others. The versatile device can handle different types of pencils including drawing and colored types. It runs via batteries and can thus be used anywhere. The high-quality engineering and materials deliver among performance and the sharp steel blade produces a finely rounded tip for the best sketches and writing. The auto-feature prevents over sharpening of the pencil and this extends its usefulness. It’s also very safe to the user and won’t harm fingers during use.
#3 PowerMe Ultra-Portable Electric Pencil Sharpener
The PowerMe pencil sharpener is popular with pupils, students, artists, and other professionals. It is good for the home, office and other situations and sharpens drawing, plain, colored and other kinds of pencils. The battery-powered accessory doesn’t feature the cumbersome cords found in other types. It’s also easier to operate compared to manual units and runs smoothly and quietly. The ultra-portable item is very simple to carry, takes up minimal space, and isn’t affected by regular movement or use. It has an ultra-sharp steel blade with a smooth tip and finish.
#2 Victagen Electric Heavy-duty Pencil Sharpener with Automatic Helical Steel Blade
Sharpening different binds of pencils is a breeze with this unit by Victagen. It’s perfect for the classroom, office, and also the home. The versatile unit can support different pencil diameters and has a very sharp steel blade for the finest and smooth cuts. The helical steel blade provides a nice rounded shape and is perfect for artists, students, pupils, engineers, hobbyists and other people. It has heavy-duty design top handle demanding applications, knocks, regular use, and content movement. It has a space-efficient design for easy fitting in small spaces and a practical case for easy removal of the savings and waster graphite.
#1 X-ACTO Electric Pencil Sharpener, Blue
This pencil sharpener is useful in the home, classroom, office and other places. The heavy-duty piece is made from tough wear-resistant material and features ultra-ship blades that work with the powerful electric motor to deliver well-sharpened smooth tips. The electrically powered unit runs very silently and is very easy to operate. It features a good storage capacity for the shavings and a flyaway cutter that automatically stops the sharpening once the pencil is sharp. The helical steel cutter produces round tipped pencils and is very easy to use and also safe. https://www.amazon.com/dp/ /
Choosing A Pencil Sharpener:
Yes, many products will claim to be the best, but are they? To lower the odds of buying a low-quality product, you should think of the following aspects:
- Pencil size: The diameter of the pencil determines the kind of sharpener you buy. The diameter ranges from 8-15mm and you should pick one that suits the pencil in hand.
- Pencil shape: Pencils are available in many shapes including circular, hexagonal and triangular. The right sharpener should accommodate the shape without any complications.
- Lead Point: Some people prefer a sharp tip, others a rounded one, while some like a blunt one. This is normally influenced by the nature of work or personal preference. You should make certain the sharpener will deliver the preferred tip.
- Sharpening Angle: The tip of the pencil influences the angle of sharpening. The narrower it is the sharper or acute the angle. Using an item with the wrong angle will lead to wasting the graphite or it taking longer to reach the writing tip.
- Operation Ease: People want a product that is easy to operate. And this is why more people opt for electric type over the manual type.
- Gentleness: A good item is gentle on the pencil and leaves a smooth finish. Besides delivering the perfect tip it also provides clear writing and sketches.
- Portability: The right accessory is easy to carry around. It is made of lightweight materials, ergonomically designed, and carry-friendly.
- Other: Other important things include weight, size, material, construction quality, cleanliness, brand, and price.
Many people underrate the pencil sharpener. In fact, a number of consumers never take time to compare the different products. Some will pick any product or go for the cheapest. Sadly, they will be back in the market searching for a replacement because the earlier piece wasn’t sharpening nicely, it was shaving off too much graphite, was hard to use, or left a rough or uneven tip.
We took time to look and compare the different items on the market and the above products came top. They are easy to use, work great, are suitable for different pencils, and don’t create a mess. Choosing the best pencil sharpener assures you of the best writing and sketching experience.