I was at my 40-year-old brother struggle to cut down large pieces of hardwood for firewood. I was not happy when he told me that I needed to massage his back at night. I decided that I needed to do research to look for the best log splitter alternative that he would use. This would help save his back from back pains. In the course of my research, the huge number of log splitters that I came across attracted me; however, I combined a list of 8 best that I thought to be more efficient. This article highlights them, and I hope it will also be helpful for people who are looking for splitting alternatives.
List of Top 8 Best Log Splitters
- List of Top 8 Best Log Splitters
- 8. Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter
- 7. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter
- 6. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
- 5. Dirty Hand Tools 100171, 22 Ton Horizontal/Vertical Gas Log Splitter
- 4. Champion Power Equipment No.92221 Gas Powered Log Splitter
- 3. Wel-Bilt Horizontal Manual Hydraulic Log Splitters
- 2. YARDMAX YS3065 30 Ton Half Beam Gas Log Splitter
- 1. Kindling Cracker Firewood Kindling Splitters
8. Boss Industrial ES7T20 Electric Log Splitter
By: Boss Industrial
After granny had cut down some tree, he required that we should cut all those wood pieces using an axe. I thought it was old-fashioned, and so, I sought another way of dealing with this. I went online and found the Boss industrial, which used an electric motor to cut them into pieces. I ordered it quickly before we could start doing it manually. He was surprised at how efficient it was, especially when dealing with dried up wood pieces. I only required one hand to place the wood in the motor. The pieces were so small.
- Uses an electric motor
- Uses 7 tons to split up the firewood
- Weighs 106 pounds
- Produces up to 1500 watts
7. WEN 56206 6-Ton Electric Log Splitter
Most of the log splitters can be dangerous especially when you place a log on it, and your hand has to help the splitter cut into pieces. However, when I met this best log splitter, I was happy because I would leave it with my son while he cut the pieces. The machine uses electric current, which ensures that it starts to work immediately you turn it on. Additionally, the handles, which are separate from where you place the logs, ensure that they are safe regardless of the force. Be sure that you will have to use the wheels to transport the wheels, which are 6-inches in length to move it from one place to another.
- Uses copper wound motor that uses electric current
- Cuts the logs into a diameter of 10 inches
- Have 6-inch tires that promote mobility
- Grip handles are very comfortable
6. Sun Joe LJ10M Logger Joe 10 Ton Hydraulic Log Splitter
By: Snow Joe
When my neighbor was clearing trees from his home, he had a problem buying a good log splitter. I was quick to recommend this best log splitter. He decided to give it a chance, and he loved the way it functioned. The hydraulic ram does not require you to use much effort. You cut through any firewood without straining because it uses 10 tons of driving force. This splits the wood to become 18 inches wide. The material used to make this splitter is steel hence very strong. Therefore, you can use in different seasons of the year.
- Uses a hydraulic ram to produce 10 tons of energy
- Has a log cradle for preventing firewood fall offs
- Made of steel
- Suitable for logs that are 8 inches wide
5. Dirty Hand Tools 100171, 22 Ton Horizontal/Vertical Gas Log Splitter
By: Dirty Hand Tools
What I love about this best log splitter is that it gives me a good option of either splitting the log across or vertically. This is unlike other splitters that I know of. I used to split my neighbor’s oak firewood, and with the 22-Ton force, I was able to finish the job within a few minutes. The motor needs some oil for it to begin functioning. The cradle is firm and ensures that your log does not slip during cutting hence perfectly cuts through it. After finishing the job, I did not experience any back pains like when I used an axe.
- Motor uses gas
- Best for cutting logs both vertically and horizontally
- Firm cradle hence the wood piece does not slip
- Uses 22-ton worth of force
4. Champion Power Equipment No.92221 Gas Powered Log Splitter
By: Champion Power Equipment
When my brother bought this log splitter, he called me out to give him a hand in assembling the part. We did not take much to do so. The body parts require more than one person to handle it because they are bulky. He then filled the motor with 5 gallons of oil for it to begin functioning. After he started the engine, he cut off those logs so quickly. For logs that have a wider diameter, be sure to use the vertical position for logs that have a longer diameter. On the other hand, use the horizontal positions for logs that have shorter diameters.
- Comes with two tires to facilitate easy movement
- Features a hydraulic cylinder that produces 22 tons of energy
- The splitter has two hydraulic pumps
3. Wel-Bilt Horizontal Manual Hydraulic Log Splitters
My dad says that this is the easiest hydraulic splitter he has ever met. To start with, when you place the log on the splitter, you will use the two levers to ensure that the ram gets to the end of the log. Then, move the left lever to cut the wood into pieces. I could not resist seeing the small wheels beneath it. They are perfect for the old man to move the splitter without having to lift it. Once you cut the wood, it will be 20 inches in diameter. When it comes to storing the splitter, it does not consume much space in your store because you simply store it in an upright position.
- Uses 10 tons of pressure
- It has two wheels for easy movement
- Features a cradle of good length to ensure the log stays in place during cutting
2. YARDMAX YS3065 30 Ton Half Beam Gas Log Splitter
One thing that I love about this log splitter is that it does not make a lot of noise when operating it. Thus, I do not have to use hearing protection gear when I am operating this splitter. As a mechanic, I noticed that the manufacturers ensured that they were able to lubricate every part of the machine. Hence, when it came to assembling them, it did not take me a lot of time to do so. When it comes to cutting down the wood, it took me a few minutes to complete the job. It uses up to 35 tons of force and allows the user to cut the logs either horizontally or vertically.
1. Kindling Cracker Firewood Kindling Splitters
By: Kindling Cracker
After viewing a YouTube video to help me understand how to use this log splitter, I was delighted to learn that this would be a great activity that would even help my young 7-year-old enjoy splitting wood. The splitter does not require a lot of energy to cut a plank of wood. In fact, instead of using a sharp axe to cut the wood into pieces, try using a blunt hammer or axe. It will take you a few minutes to do so. Sometimes, I would split the logs with just one hand. Before I knew it, I was able to gather a lot of kindling splitters within a few minutes.
- No moving blade hence perfect and safe cutting method
- Top ring is 6.5 inches in diameter
- Made of cast iron
- You need less strength and effort to cut the firewood
These log splitters are the suitable for people who see cutting firewood as a huge piece of work; alternatively, they are for busy people. Ensure that you buy one that will require you to use less energy when you are cutting down the word. Understand this: they can come as either a mechanical log splitter or an electric splitter. Be sure that you buy one that will buy one that suits your energy saving needs. For me, I would prefer the electric one like the Kindling Cracker Firewood Kindling Splitters. This best log splitter, for instance, withdraws any manual work and will do the job within the shortest time possible. Finally, one needs to understand that you should ensure that your hands are safe from injury regardless of the type of splitter you are using.