Getting stranded because the battery has a low charge is very common. In fact, you’ll always see a person or two stranded in the parking or by the road if you are a regular motorist or commuter. Usually, this is caused by a bad battery, a poor charging system, or you accidentally left an accessory or the lights on.
When you go to start the car, the only sound you hear is a clicking sound. The quickest solution is using a pair of jumper cables to connect your car’s battery to another one. However, you should always make certain that you have the best item. This guarantees you of faster starting and also safety. This top 7 best jumper cables reviews will act as you guide it purchasing a good product.
- List of Top 7 Best Jumper Cables in 2019
- #7 Cartman Booster Cables 10 Gauge Booster Cables, 12 Feet
- #6 Iron Forge Tools 8-Gauge, Jumper Cables, 20 Feet
- #5 Cartman 16 Feet Booster Cables
- #4 OxGord Commercial Grade 25 Feet Jumper Cable, 8 Gauges
- #3 Peatop 20 Feet Jumper Cables, 4AWG
- #2 Iron Forge Tools 6-Gauge Jumper Cables, 20 Feet, 400Amp
- #1 ABN 25 Feet Long Jumper Cable, 2-Gauge, 600 AMP
- Choosing Jumper Cables:
List of Top 7 Best Jumper Cables in 2019
#7 Cartman Booster Cables 10 Gauge Booster Cables, 12 Feet
These jumpers cables will help you jump start your car faster and in a safer manner. They comprise a heavy duty sheath for protection against the current and a copper core for effective current delivery. The 12-foot cables are suited for small to medium size cars and feature a 200-amp fuse for protection against short circuit or reverse polarity. The TPR material can resist temperatures as low as -13 degrees Fahrenheit / -25 degrees Celsius whereas the 10AWG gauge is strong enough for everyday application.
#6 Iron Forge Tools 8-Gauge, Jumper Cables, 20 Feet
By: Iron Forge Tools
Starting your car with a drained battery is convenient when using this set of jumper cables. They work with most cars on the market and have a good length of 20 feet. They can handle high a current and won’t feel hot after using. The accessory is color-coded for easy identification and use and this also helps to prevent reversing the polarity. The 8-gauge cables are well built to handle any kind of weather and also don’t tangle. The included carry bag helps to store and carry them.
#5 Cartman 16 Feet Booster Cables
These jumper cables come in a patented design and are renowned for their reliability and efficiency. The 16 feet long accessory easily connects to different cars whether hatchbacks, sedan, light trucks or SUVs. The sturdy clamps maintain a nice grip on the battery terminal for maximum current delivery and are resistant to corrosion or rust. The UL listed accessory can endure temperatures as low as -25C/-13F thanks to the top-grade TPR material construction. The 6-gauge cable is also resistant to cracking, tangling, bending and bending.
#4 OxGord Commercial Grade 25 Feet Jumper Cable, 8 Gauges
If you want the best jumper cables on the market, then this set from OxGord is perfect. It is intended for motorists who want to boost battery power or jumpstart small cars, light trucks, SUVs and other applications. The set is 25 feet long and ranks among the longest. It’s also heavy-duty thanks to the high-grade TPR material and reliable copper core. It can handle a current as high as 250amps and stays cool even after being used continuously. The clamps are y well designed for maximum grip and provide good connectivity for faster starts.
#3 Peatop 20 Feet Jumper Cables, 4AWG
Jump starting your car is simple when using this set of jumper cables. It is 20 feet long and provides a nice reach. The 4 gauge cable is thick compared to most of its competitors and this assures you of reliability and longevity. It has low electrical resistance for efficient delivery of current and can endure up to 900 amperes of power. It features jaw-styled clamps that provide a tight connection but will not harm the battery terminals. The extra thick PVC covering protects the copper core as well as the user and car from electric shock or short circuit.
#2 Iron Forge Tools 6-Gauge Jumper Cables, 20 Feet, 400Amp
By: Iron Forge Tools
Measuring 20 feet long, this accessory is what you need to give your battery a boost. The 6-gauge cables can handle current up to 400 amperes and are thus suited for many kinds of vehicles. They come in a universal style to work with most vehicles including SUVs, hatchbacks, sedans light trucks, and ATVs. The well-designed copper clamps easily connect to the batteries and maintain a nice grip for maximum efficiency. The heavy-duty covering prevents short circuit and also protects the core and the user. It’s among the easiest to use and works quite well.
#1 ABN 25 Feet Long Jumper Cable, 2-Gauge, 600 AMP
You shouldn’t get stranded because your battery is low on charge. What you require is this jumper cable set which will help to boost the power of your battery. It is one of the longest, measuring 25 feet long, and has user-friendly serrated clamps for quick and easy connectivity. The cable can handle up to 600 amps without any issues and is very flexible for fitting in tight and small spaces. The color-coded unit has a red cable (positive) and black one (negative) and this helps to minimize chances of switching the polarity. It will work with cars, light trucks, ATVs and is also tolerant to low temperatures.
Choosing Jumper Cables:
You should focus on the following things when comparing or if you are planning to purchase the unit.
- Length: Go for a cable that has a good length. Too short and it may not offer the best reach. A longer cable is more reliable and convenient. The common recommendation is to go for a cable that is at least 12 foot long.
- Thickness: To handle the high current delivered by the battery, it’s important to choose a cable that is fairly wide. This provides protection to the user as well as the car.
- Clamps: Other than the wires/cables, you also need to look at the clamps. They should maintain a firm grasp on the terminals, shouldn’t cause any damage, and are resistant to corrosion and rust. Copper appears to be the common material of construction.
- Resistance: It pays to look at the resistance of the cable and always aim for one with low resistance. This improves current delivery which is essential for quick starting.
- Gauge: Cables comes in different gauges including 4, 6, 8, and 10. The lower the number the more efficient it is in delivering the current. Nevertheless, a small car doesn’t require a very heavy gauge as compared to a truck since the power demand is lesser.
- Price: It’s essential to compare prices of the different products. You will find high-quality products that are reasonably priced as you will see in this review.
The right jumper cables will help you get back on the road sooner-rather-than-later. However, unless, you know what to look for or have information about the best, you may realize that you bought a wrong product when the emergency arises. The good news, fortunately, is we have identified the best jumper cables in the current market. All you need to pick a product from the above list. We ranked them based on the key aspects which include length, thickness, gauge, clamps, and price.