When the hidden spy camera was introduced into the market, I thought it was a bit too much. I mean, why would I want to constantly monitor what is happening in my home or office? In fact, I thought it was a little bit intrusive and I would probably waste so much time observing the on goings. This notion however changed once I saw on television how a nanny was caught by the camera mistreating an infant.
She beat her, suffocated her with a pillow, and she would even eat her food. The shock I got had me rushing and buying the nearest unit. Unfortunately, I bought a bad piece that relayed poor images and was erratic when synchronizing with my phone. With a little help from my friend, I was able to find a better replacement and was more at peace. I couldn’t even stomach the thought of my little “bundle of joy “being mistreated.
Top Best Hidden Spy Cameras in 2020 List
Last update on 2020-06-08 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#8 Wireless HD 1080P Spy Camera with Motion Detection
This is not your ordinary plastic spoon. Deep inside is a high-quality camera that records what is taking place in the home. It is very small in size and will easily fit in many places. You can use it in the kitchen, kid’s bedroom, dining room and other places. It’s also one of the lightest hidden cameras on the market and moving it is convenient. The secretive piece captures videos as well as pictures and stores them in the 128GB micro TF card. The device is powered by a built-in rechargeable lithium battery and has Wi-Fi capability to support remote operation. You can view the events via phone, tablet, or PC.
#7 YYCAMUS Wall Charger Hidden Spy Camera, 1080P, 32GB
With this hidden camera, you will worry less about the events taking place inside your home or even office. The spy camera unit not only looks like a wall charger but also works like one. The most interesting thing is that it will record the events taking place without anyone knowing apart from you and any other person you tell. It supports HD 1080P resolution and you will get very clear images. It has a MicroSD slot with a 32GB memory and you should worry about the memory getting filled up because the video looping will automatically overwrite older content. And like other spy cameras, it also has motion detection.
#6 USB Phone Charger 1080p HD Spy Camera with Motion Detection
Imagine being able to see the activities in your home while at work or another place away from home? Well, this is what this hidden spy camera does. Yes, it looks like a wall charger and also supports charging of phones, Bluetooth speakers, tablets and other devices but it also has a hidden camera to record the events. The secretive design won’t raise any suspicion while the lightweight and simple design improve its usability. It has 1080P resolution for quality images and a motion detector. The unit is powered from the mains via an AC adapter, has a USB charger, and is controlled with a remote app control.
#5 Youlanda Wifi Hidden Spy Camera with Clip Design and Night Vision, 1080P
This nanny cam looks like a baby monitor and will help you keep watch on your baby and the nanny too. The simple but stylish piece can be placed in many places and will blend it very well. It has a clip design for easy attachment to objects and can be used both indoors and outdoors. The lightweight and compact spy camera is easy to carry and has a superior 1080p resolution camera for great videos. The 170-degree wide angle captures a large area whereas the Wi-Fi capability improves wireless transmission of the images to phones, tablets, or desktop PCs. It relays high definition images for the best clarity and also comes with night vision.
#4 WNAT Bluetooth Speaker Hidden Wireless Mini Spy Camera, 1080P HD
Wireless Bluetooth speakers are in trend and you will see them in homes, offices, and other places. You can be part of the trend by acquiring this one from WNAT. However, you don’t just get some fancy looking speakers but also a spy camera. This will give you an idea of what your kids, pets, and nanny are up to. It’s also a good piece to make sure the nursing assistant is taking care of your parents or grandparents. The spy camera has a good 1080P resolution and delivers high-quality images. It can rotate 180 degrees for the best viewing, has a wide field of view for good performance, and includes an app for controlling the lens.
#3 Corprit Wireless Spy Cameras, 1080P
You shouldn’t always worry about your kids, pet, parents, or your home in general. I mean, is located several miles away, you can do little. But with this nanny cam, you will have greater control and peace-of-mind even when far. The unit resembles a clock and also functions like a normal one and displays the time in the large digital form. It, however, doubles as a hidden spy camera and has a good range to cover the entire room. The 1080P resolution assures you of great views while the Wi-Fi capability allows you to view the content via your phone, tablet, laptop, or computer. The easy-to-setup unit works with both Android and iOS apps and devices.
#2 Tangmi Spy Clock Hidden Nanny Camera, 1080P HD
I believed that this was a fancy digital clock until my workmate told me what it was. Yes, it is a watch and displays time in digital mode. However, deep inside is a camera that captures what’s happening around it. It does so in such a discrete manner that even the installer would at times forget what it is. The unit relays quality pictures and videos thanks to the 1080P resolution. It has a wide view (140 degrees) for covering a large area and a motion detector for improved functionality. The device has a remote control and supports Android and iPhone apps and devices. The nanny cam also has two-way communication that allows you to communicate with people on the other end.
#1 Alpha Tech Hidden Spy Camera
By: ALPHA TECH
I’m planning to purchase this spy camera as a replacement for my current one. You will think that it’s the normal USB wall charger not just by the design but also the functionality. It is lightweight and the easiest to use from my personal experience. The unit records in the high-quality resolution of 1080p and have a decent memory slot that can hold up to 32GB.
It comes with a 3-in-1 cable that works with Androids and Apple gadgets and supports video playback. The simple unit has motion detection which not only records the relevant things but also conserves energy. Other than being a nanny camera, it’s also a good option for the office, surveillance, and other places.
Choosing the Right Hidden Camera
- Discrete: As the name suggests, the camera should spy for you meaning people shouldn’t know it’s around. As they say” if it quacks like a duck, walks like a duck, then it’s definitely a duck. Why install a camera that looks like a camera? You should choose everyday things that arouse the least suspension. A pen, book, file, a picture, or flower vase maybe?
- Blends In: Picture this, your daughter is into Barbie dolls, teddy bears, and diaries. Then you decide to place a toy car or classic musical pieces, which she detests. Chances are she will always be curious why you placed it or will even smash it just to get rid of it. You should choose an item that blends with the environment. If it’s the sitting room, go for a vase, wall painting and not a doll. Ii it’s the study room or your office, think files or books.
- Mode of Operation: The cameras generally come as wireless streaming or self-recording. The first one will relay the events wireless to your phone, computer, and other gadgets. To access the contents, you only need to log into a website or view via your phone. The others one is usually stand alone and will record the events in MicroSD card or internal memory. You will, therefore, need to access it or use a computer to view the details.
- Power Mode: The nanny cameras are powered either by AC power (110,240V AC) or battery. The first one is hardwired to the mains and isn’t very portable. You, however, won’t worry about the batteries ceasing or replacing it. The other one is easy to carry around bit requires the batteries to be replaced over time.
These are but a few of the critical issues you should consider when thinking of purchasing the camera. For more information, consider watching the video below
Why People Install Spy Cameras?
The latest statistics s indicates a rise in the purchase and installation of spy, hidden or nanny cameras. The following are some of the main reasons for the rising trend:
- Increased exposure of children being mistreated: Lately, there have been lots of exposes on the mistreatments of kids. The stories have been trending on television, online forums, and other places. And due to these, parents and guardians are taking a protective step by buying the cameras.
- More affordable products: A few years ago, the hidden cameras were not very common. They also were not that cheap. However, due to increased production, competition, and general acceptance, the units are now more affordable. You will find high-quality items that cost only a few dollars.
- Growing awareness: According to data, more people are aware of the spy cameras and have accepted them. Previously, some saw it as a bit unethical to watch over somebody unknowingly. This notion is fast changing as the users are putting their families first.
- Increased infidelity: There is a rise in divorce and separation. Experts say that after finances, infidelity comes second. Installing this gadget not only allows you to confirm your suspicion but also provides evidence to a court in case of a divorce filing or custodial ship. Modern units are more improved, more effective, more discrete and much smaller.
- Bad employees: It’s a known fact that when the “Boss” is away, the employees will take advantage. Some will spend most of their time doing their personal things; others will be engaged in cheap chit-chat, while some will steal from the employer. To nab them in the act and also gave evidence, many employers are acquiring the cameras.
After this article, finding the best hidden spy camera is not difficult anymore. If you haven’t installed a spy camera in your home or office, then you should be a worried lot. What is the nanny doing to your infant or toddler? How are your kids behaving during the day? Which employees sneak into your office and go through your private and confidential stuff? And can you trust that your teenage son or daughter is behaving well when she/he is home alone?
My neighbor got a rude shock to learn that her residence was usually turned into a party zone every time she went to visit her parents. She couldn’t believe that her innocent daughter could do this. You also don’t want the nursing assistant mistreating your aging parents, do you? But with the best-hidden spay cameras, such surprises and shocks won’t happen. So, which one from the above list have you settled for? Kindly let us know by leaving a comment or an opinion.