Nothing is as distressing as running out of fuel. This becomes even worse if you are in the middle of nowhere. Now imagine this happening and you don’t have a place to carry the gas? Well, to avoid such situations, you should invest in a gas can. It will come handy when you need to carry fuel, you can use it as a reserve if you are traveling long distances, and it also stores fuel for machinery and equipment such as lawn mowers, portable generators, ATVs and more. You will find all kinds of items on the market. However, after a market analysis, the following products rank as the best gas cans in 2018.
- Top 8 Best Gas Cans in 2018 List
- #8 Wavian Authentic NATO Jerry Fuel Can
- #7 RotopaX RX-1.75G Gasoline Pack – 1.75 Gallon Capacity
- #6 Eagle UI-50-FS 5-Gallon Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can
- #5 Midwest Model 5600 Spill Proof Gas Can, 5- Gallon
- #4 Justrite 7250130 Galvanized Steel Gann
- #3 No-Spill 1405 Poly Gas Can, 2.5 Gallon
- #2 SureCan 2.2-Gallon Fuel Gas Can
- #1 VP Racing Fuels 3522 Motorsport Jug, 5 Gallon Capacity, White
- Tips For Selecting The Best Gas Can:
Top 8 Best Gas Cans in 2018 List
#8 Wavian Authentic NATO Jerry Fuel Can
By: Wavian USA
If you want a heavy-duty and reliable gas can, this model from Wavian USA is perfect. The NATO Jerry can is made from a tough and durable steel to endure the knocks, high temperature, bangs, impacts, low temperatures, environmental factors and more. It has a 4-gallon capacity to cater for most needs and a quick release nozzle for easy use. The CARB and EPA compliant can is easy to use because of the simple design and has a friendly and ergonomic handle. It is also resistant to rust and corrosion thanks to the military grade steel.
#7 RotopaX RX-1.75G Gasoline Pack – 1.75 Gallon Capacity
The RotopaX can is perfect for holding up to 1.75 gallons of gas. It has a modular styling for easy stacking and mounting. It is made using a tough and impact-resistant material for longevity. The can measures 15 inches long, 14 inches wide, and 14 inches deep. It has an ergonomic smooth handle for easy handling, a firm base for improved support, and can easily be harnessed to a point for stability during storage or movement. Thanks to its efficient design and lid, it doesn’t leak or causes fuel to spill.
#6 Eagle UI-50-FS 5-Gallon Red Galvanized Steel Type I Gasoline Safety Can
The Eagle UI-50-FS is among the sturdiest fuel cans on the market. It is made of tough galvanized steel that will not only resist the bangs, dents, knocks, and impact but rust and corrosion as well. It has a 5-gallon capacity to handle most of your fuel needs. The compact and sturdily built can comes in a slender design for easy carry and has a comfortable and practical handle. It features a brass-made spout for the easy and safe pouring of fuel and a flame arrestor for added safety.
#5 Midwest Model 5600 Spill Proof Gas Can, 5- Gallon
By: Midwest Can
This gas tank assures you of top performance, reliability, and durability. It’s rated among the best gas tanks in the market and is suitable for the ordinary Joe as well as professionals. It can safely hold diesel, gasoline, kerosene and other fuels and has a sturdy shell that will handle the harsh treatments, elements, and poor handling quite well. The unit is compliant with EPA and CARB requirements and you can be sure it is safe and reliable. This type II gas can have a 5-gallon capacity and a relatively wide nozzle for easy pouring. The cap is easy to remove and when locked will ensure there are no spills.
#4 Justrite 7250130 Galvanized Steel Gann
The Justrite can is made of premium galvanized steel for good strength and longevity. It will handle the knocks, falls, high and low temperatures, vibrations and impact quite well. The unit has good volume to cater for most day-to-day needs and has a tough ergonomic handle. It is suitable for different fuels including diesel, gasoline, and kerosene and locks tightly to prevent any leakage or spillage. This is enhanced by the effective lift lever. The fairly wide sprout improves pouring if the fuel while the elegant finish enhances its looks.
#3 No-Spill 1405 Poly Gas Can, 2.5 Gallon
This gas can is made from high-grade polypropylene to handle the weight, frequent use, vibrations, the elements, knocks, and bangs. It can handle up to 2.5 gallons and is suitable for vehicles, machinery, and other applications. It has a sizeable nozzle for easy insertion and pouring out of gas and a friendly handle for easy carrying. The flexible spout makes pouring the fuel out easy whereas the tight lid prevents any spillage. This is further improved by the thumb control.
#2 SureCan 2.2-Gallon Fuel Gas Can
The SureCan gas can handle up to 2.2 gallons of fuel. It made from a strong and long-lasting polyurethane material to tolerate the elements, every use, mishandling, falls and knocks. The unit features patented spill-proof technology to minimize gas spillage or wattage and has a user-friendly rotating nozzle. The well-designed handle provides a nice grip while the thumb-release trigger improves handling amend functionality. It is perfect for different fuels including diesel, gasoline, and kerosene and is CARB and UL certified.
#1 VP Racing Fuels 3522 Motorsport Jug, 5 Gallon Capacity, White
By: VP Racing Fuels
This can is popular with racers and ordinary people. It’s loved for its simple design and sturdy construction. The jug is constructed of high-density polyethylene and won’t warp or loss shape due to high temperatures, will not crack or break because of bangs, knocks, or impacts, and also won’t spill or leak thanks to the spill proof lid. It features an ergonomic and stylish handle for easy carrying and a strong base for improved stability. The gas can handle different fuel types and has rubber gaskets for preventing leaks.
Tips For Selecting The Best Gas Can:
Finding the perfect can for carrying and holding gas is much simpler if you have the right information. Better still, you can simply focus on the key factors which include the following:
- Material: The right gasoline can is made of strong and durable materials. Steel and heavy-duty plastic are the commonest materials.
- Capacity: You need to select a can that suits your need. If you are planning a long distance trip then a large one is needed. However, if it’s for topping up lawn mowers or power saws then a small is okay.
- Area of use: If you are planning to use it for travel, then you require a heavy-duty piece that can bear the outdoor environment, vibrations, impact, and shock. A can for use around the home doesn’t have to be super strong.
- The frequency of Use: If you regularly use the can then you should go for a strong one since it will be handled more often. But if you rarely use it, a simple one will do.
- Type of fuel: diesel, gasoline (petrol), and kerosene (paraffin) require different cans. It’s important to pick one for the target fuel. Nevertheless, you can find versatile cans that can handle any of the fuels.
- Budget: Always have your budget in mind before splashing cans on an expensive unit. It makes little sense to buy a high-end can yet you will be using it once or twice a year. Also, you don’t want a cheap one that will break sooner-rather-than-later because of using it too often.
- Other: Other important things include shape, size, portability, safety features, durability, brand, and maintenance ease.
You don’t have to keep running about looking for a container to carry fuel when it runs out. You shouldn’t use a product that isn’t designed to carry gas as it may lead to leakage or even disintegrate over time. What’s more, you also shouldn’t spend too much money on a substandard item or a product that can’t handle the heat, cold, vibration, knocks, bangs or impact. What is needed is a good gas can. I believe that these reviews have enlightened you on the best gas cans that are on the market. Not only will any of these items handle the fuel, but is easy to carry, strongly built, and will ensure there is no leakage.