Folding utility knives are known for their versatility. They will help you cut, chop, trim or shave objects, protect yourself from an attacker, open an envelope, help slaughter small game, and much more. Once you are done using them, you can fold them into a smaller and more convenient size.
This improves handling, carrying, storage and also protects you from its sharp edge. You nonetheless have to make sure you choose the best to experience the amazing benefits. This review has singled out the best folding utility knives in 2020.
Top Best Folding Utility Knives in 2020 List
Last update on 2020-02-25 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#8 IRWIN Tools (2089100) Folding Utility Knife
By: Irwin Tools
This folding utility knife is suitable for many applications and is very common in the market. It has a premium stainless steel edge for quick cuts and chops. The solid handle features a smooth non-slip finish for the best hold and safety. It has a well-sized blade for easy use and folds and unfolds easily. The accessory has a 45-degree quick-change button and this makes changing blades simple and convenient. It has a wire stripper notch and is fairly lightweight for better portability. For added comfort and firm support, the knife comes with an extended thumb ledge.
#7 DEWALT DWHT10035L Retractable Folding Utility Knife (Pack of 2)
This utility knife is perfect for men and women and is made of heavy-duty steel blade for sturdiness and durability. The handle is made of a non-slip material for the best grip and safety. It also tolerates bangs, impacts, knocks as well as the environmental factors. The ultra sharp edge including leather, paper, rubber, wood, meat and maintains its sharpness for a long time. It folds and unfolds easily and smoothly and comes in a space-saving nature. The included belt clip makes carrying the knife in your belt or pocket easy.
#6 Techni Edge TE03-731 REVO Folding Utility Knife, 2 Pack, Black
By: Techni Edge
This easy-to-fold utility knife is very popular and is suitable for cutting, shaving, slicing, and chopping applications. It has a strong stainless steel blade and a non-slip handle. The item features a well-sized blade and is lightweight for better handling and control. Folding the knife is as easy as pressing a button and it this improves carrying. The finger loop improves the comfort, control, and safety whereas the metal belt clip makes it easy to attach it to a tool belt or pocket.
#5 Tacklife Heavy Duty Pocket Utility Knife plus 5 Extra Replaceable Blades
This is among the best folding utility knives in the market. It’s suitable for the outdoor and indoor application and has a simple design for easy handling. The lightweight knife has an aluminum body for good protection and strength while the ultra sharp and sturdy blade is made of stainless steel. It has a space-efficient design for easy handling and carrying and an ergonomic handle for the best grip. The 2 release buttons improve blade changing and come with 5 bonus replacement blades.
#4 Blade Mate Tactical Survival Knives
By: Blade Mate
This folding utility knife is popular with outdoor enthusiast, hunters, campers, hikers and the ordinary person. Many users concur that it is among the strongest pieces on the market and can last for many years. The tactical folding knife has a tough blade that is resistant to breakage and an ultra sharp edge for cutting, slicing, splitting and chopping things. It’s made of a durable and easy-to-clean stainless steel which is also resistant to corrosion or rust. The nonslip handle prevents slippage whereas the folding nature improves portability and storage.
#3 Vermont Premium 2-in-1 Folding Utility Knife
This folding utility knife will make life, indoors and outdoors, easier. The multipurpose piece is perfect for many everyday cutting, shaping, chopping, and stripping needs. It features a sturdy stainless still blade that can handle the stresses and regular use. The extra sharp edge will cut through leather, fabric, meat, hides, fish and many other things. You are assured of top hygiene and safety since it’s made of stainless steel and chances of corrosion or rust are minimal. The handle is well built and has a nice non-slip grip for the best grasp even with wet hands.
#2 Kobaalt Foldable Utility Knife, 11 Blades
This utility knife is chosen for its heavy-duty nature and is suitable for cutting, stripping, shaving, chopping, slicing and many other units. The sturdy steel blade is ultra sharp and will easily cut through tough materials. The knife, like other top ones, doesn’t rust or corrode and has an easy-folding blade. It is also known for the good firm grip courtesy of the strong handle and the easy blade changing mechanism. Cleaning the knife is easy thanks to the smooth and sleek design whereas the stainless steel clip makes attaching it to a belt and other points easy.
#1 Fancii FC Folding Utility Pocket Knife
This pocket utility knife is fit for a range of uses and is suitable for men and women. It has a heavy-duty carbon steel blade for strength and long-lasting service. The case and handle are made from sturdy aluminum to endure falls, knocks, regular use and the environmental factors. The nicely textured handle has a nice grip and this minimizes the possibility of slippage while the blade’s ultra-sharp edge doesn’t become blunt easily. The pocket knife folds and unfolds smoothly and fits in small spaces without problems. The lock-back design improves safety especially while carrying.
How To Pick The Best Folding Utility Knives
When searching for the best folding utility knife, you should focus on these things:
- Area of use: A simple basic knife is good enough for small everyday chores such as opening the envelope or cutting twine. However, if you plan to go camping or hunting, and then a sturdier and heavy-duty knife are needed.
- Blade length: The blades measure from 2 to 6 inches long. A longer blade is more effective but may be more cumbersome to carry or store in small spaces. You first need to understand your needs then begin the search.
- Blade type: The accessory features a standard (normal), slant (clip), tango, spear, drop, trailing, and sheep foot, hawkill, spey and other points. Each type has its unique merits and demerits.
- Blade edge: The common edges are serrated, combination, smooth/plain and others. Familiarizing oneself with the different types helps in picking the right product.
- Material: Stainless steel is arguably the most popular material for the blade. Nevertheless, it comes in different grades to cater for different needs. You will find 420J, 440C, AUS-8, VG-10, 154CM, ATS-34, S30V and BG-42 among others. Higher quality steel is always preferred since it’s sturdier, more resistant to corrosion and rust, and also keeps its sharpness for a longer time.
- Handle: The handles are made from plastic, rubber, wood, leather, bone, aluminum and more. Each type has its strength and weaknesses and it pays to compare the different types before making a purchase.
- Safety: Just like any other knives, the folding utility knife can also injure someone if handled poorly or is badly made. You should pick well-built products that have high safety ratings.
- Other: Other critical factors include weight, design, durability, easy cleaning, cost, and brand.
There completes the summary of the top folding utility knives on the market. The above pieces are very versatile and are perfect for many daily needs including opening envelopes, cutting twine, chopping wood, shaving objects, skinning small creatures and more.
They are made from tough stainless steel to handle even the demanding chores and are resistant to rust, corrosion, and don’t fade or tarnish. The accessories fold inside the handle for impaired safety and storage and are also lightweight for easy carrying. Choose the best folding utility knife for a hassle-free and safe experience.