More and more people are turning to cordless drill over their corded counterpart. It offers more flexibility since it can be used almost anywhere. It doesn’t require to be hooked to a power outlet for it to run since it depends on a rechargeable battery. The unit isn’t limited by a cord or wire. Additionally, most cordless drills are much lighter and more portable. Nevertheless, not every drill will offer the best service. The battery may not keep a charge for long, the unit may be a little underpowered, it may be imbalanced, or maybe a bit noisy. To help you avoid such issues, we have compiled the list of the top 9 best cordless drills in 2018.
- List of Top 9 Best Cordless Drills in 2018
- #9 BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK 20V Cordless Drill
- #8 Tacklife 20V MAX Cordless Drill and Driver, 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion
- #7 PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 Cordless Electric Drill, 20V Lithium-Ion
- #6 Ryobi P208 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Drill & Driver (1/2 Inch Keyless Chuck)
- #5 Bosch DDB181-02 Cordless 18V Lithium-Ion Drill
- #4 DEWALT DCK281D2 Max XR Lithium Ion Compact Drill, 20V
- #3 BLACK+DECKER LDX120C Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver, 20V
- #2 DEWALT DC970K-2 Compact Drill/Driver Kit, 18V
- #1 Makita XPH102 LXT Cordless Drill, 18V
- Advantages of Cordless Drills Over The Corded Type
List of Top 9 Best Cordless Drills in 2018
#9 BLACK+DECKER LDX120PK 20V Cordless Drill
By: Black + Decker
This cordless drill delivers good performance and is suitable for many applications. It can drill wood, plastic, rubber, and other materials fairly easily. The sensitive trigger allows you to use little effort and provide instant action whereas the ergonomic design improves handling and maneuverability. It can run for a long time without overheating and has a long-lasting battery. The soft grip handle feels firm and doesn’t cause the palm or hands to sweat a lot.
#8 Tacklife 20V MAX Cordless Drill and Driver, 2.0Ah Lithium-Ion
Rated 20V, this cordless drill and driver set is fit for use in the home, garage, workshop, office and other places. It is powered by a rechargeable 2.0Ah lithium-ion battery that delivers good power to run the strong motor. The drill will bore through soft and hard materials with ease and doesn’t produce lots of noise. It stays cool throughout and won’t overheat even after extended use. It has a well-designed base for improved stability and soft grip handle for a comfortable hold on the unit.
#7 PORTER-CABLE PCCK604L2 Cordless Electric Drill, 20V Lithium-Ion
The Porter-Cable PCCK604L2 is certainly among the best cordless drills in the market and is ideal for both residential and commercial use. It is crafted from strong materials and comes in a nice weight for better handling. The well-balanced unit is suitable for different materials and supports various kinds of drill bits. Consumers love its smooth operation that is free of vibration, firm nonslip grip, and user-friendly trigger. It can run for a long time without getting too hot and the battery keeps a charge for a fairly long period.
#6 Ryobi P208 One+ 18V Lithium-Ion Drill & Driver (1/2 Inch Keyless Chuck)
With this cordless drill, drilling holes or driving screws will be easy. It doesn’t matter whether you are working indoors or outdoors. It is designed for long performance and features a powerful motor that delivers good torque and power. The heavy-duty housing not only protects the internal components but also ensures the unit keeps its looks for a long time. It features a nice handle that feels smooth and comfortable in the hands and doesn’t vibrate even under extreme conditions. It’s also easy to maintain courtesy of the simple styling.
#5 Bosch DDB181-02 Cordless 18V Lithium-Ion Drill
The Bosch brand is respected as a leader when it comes to the best cordless drill. The DDB181-02 is without question a top seller from the manufacturer and is a good fit for inexperienced and experienced users. Its design is simple for good handling and convenience and feels solid and light in the hands. Although smaller than other options, it works pretty well and has good power delivery. You also won’t get too tired of using it continuously courtesy of the good ergonomic design.
#4 DEWALT DCK281D2 Max XR Lithium Ion Compact Drill, 20V
This is one of the most versatile cordless drills on offer. It features a drill, a normal driver, and an impact driver. This suits it for most drilling and driving needs both residential and commercial. It has a sturdy housing for extra strength and protection and a nice design for good handling. The DCK281D2 has a strong powerful motor for fast and efficient drilling and depends on a rechargeable 20V lithium-ion battery for power. The 20V Max battery can hold a charge for a decent period and also charges faster than other alternatives.
#3 BLACK+DECKER LDX120C Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill/Driver, 20V
By: Black + Decker
This Black + Decker cordless drill feels pretty solid and is very common. It has a very responsive trigger for easy running and operates fairly silent. It boasts of a strong and powerful motor that is powered via a 20V lithium-ion battery. The rechargeable unit is very torquey for its size and will drill through hard materials and surfaces. Although moderately smooth, the housing feels good on the skin and also offers a firm grip even with sweaty or wet hands. Thanks to the non-slip surface, the handle feels pretty firm and is also very comfortable.
#2 DEWALT DC970K-2 Compact Drill/Driver Kit, 18V
This drill is praised for being well-balanced and quite solid. It will deliver consistent performance and doesn’t vibrant. The stylish unit can fit in tight spots and won’t make you very tired even when holding it at awkward angles for a long period. It’s lightweight and compact and this makes handling and carrying it very convenient. It’s also praised because of its simple design, nice trigger action, sturdy housing, and smooth nonslip handle surface. The rechargeable lithium-ion battery will keep a charge for a good period and also recharges fairly fast compared to other options.
#1 Makita XPH102 LXT Cordless Drill, 18V
Weighing approximately 3.9 pounds, this drill by Makita is perfect for all your drilling needs. It’s targeted at any user including newbies and professionals and is among the most user-friendly pieces. The LXT is very practical and speeds up the drilling courtesy of the high-performance motor and long-lasting rechargeable 18V lithium ion battery. It operates smoothly without producing lots of noise and is thus fit for quiet environments. And thanks to the good ergonomics, your finger and palm won’t feel too fatigued even after long usage or drilling in tight angles.
Advantages of Cordless Drills Over The Corded Type
- Unlimited Range: Due to missing a power cord, the cordless drill has an unlimited range. The corded time will only go as far as the length of the cable and you may be required to use an extension for better range.
- Use Anywhere: Cordless drills are battery powered and don’t need to be near a power source. All you need is fully recharged a battery. And if you use it for a long period, you can invest in an additional battery.
- Portable: Generally, cordless drills are much lighter than the corded type. And considering they don’t have a cord that limits the range or angle, they are very easy to carry and use in tight locations.
- No Entanglement: Because of not having a power cord, the drill will never get entangled and this prevents accidentally unhooking from the power source or tipping or knocking over other things when it’s pulled tightly.
- Energy Efficient: Modern cordless drills perform as good as the corded ones. However, to conserve the energy and run for longer, they are more energy efficient. This lowers the cost of power and improves reliability.
After going through this top 9 best cordless drills in 2018 review, you’ll are able to own a good accessory without spending lots of time and effort. The above pieces are designed for everyday operation and come in a handy design for good performance. They are well built to withstand knocks, impacts, rough handling, accidental falls, wet and sweaty hands, and regular operation. You will also notice that the accessories are easy it maintain durable and energy efficient. Go for the best cordless drill and enjoy a top performance and maximum satisfaction.