When you have a pet especially a cat in your home, you need to cut and trim its claws from time to time so that it cannot scratch different objects and especially your family members. As a matter of fact, if you let them grow, it can get curly and hit the pads of their own paws causing infection. They can get trapped in different objects and fail to come out of them easily. Therefore, you need to buy a high-quality cat nail clipper so that you can do it yourself without any professional need. The following list of nail trimmer operator effortlessly and it will be painless for your cats.
Best Cat Nail Clippers in 2020 List
Last update on 2020-02-27 (UCT) / Affiliate links / Price / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
#10 Uleecy Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
It is a durable nail clipper that can be used to cut the nails of your pet like your dog, cat, rabbit, or just any pet. The blade is made of stainless steel with a perfect amount of sharpness. The handle with which you hold the clipper is made of strong plastic material. So if any of you have tiny pets like hamster, kittens, or puppies, then you can go for this nail clipper. To keep the experience safe and secure there is a coating of silicone that keeps it non-slip. In the package, you get 1 x Lucy Pet Nail Clipper and 1 x Lucy Pet Nail File.
#9 Cat Claw Clippers Scissors & Nail Cutter -Professional Grooming Cat Claw Trimmer for Cats
Kudi Cat Nail Clipper is not just for cats but can be used to trim the nails of any small pet. If you are a bit confused on trimming your pet’s nail, then go to the link and read the ‘How To’ to get a clear idea. The Nail clipper works precisely on the nails and its sharpness lets you cut in just a second. Anyone like a professional or a pet holder can have this Stainless Steel made nail clipper. The item size is 3.76 X 2.4 inches, and for the weight, it is just 30g / 1.0oz.
#8 Cat and Dog Nail Clipper
By: H&H Pets
This one gives you the ability to choose from two different sizes whoever suits best to your requirements. This item from H&H is worth trying as it is lightweight and made especially for pets’ claws. So now you can trim the nails of your adorable pet even if it is just a bird. The stainless steel makes it rust free, and the overall material promotes the durability. A slip-proof coating is there, so you don’t cut any sensitive parts accidentally. Another great thing is that they donate the 15% of the profit to an animal NGO Hope for Paws, how great is that.
#7 Bencmate Pet Nail Clippers for Dogs Cats Small Animals, Trimmers
Benchmade brings you the ultra-perfect nail clipper that goes well with any pet’s nails. The blade is sized as 3.5mm made of stainless steel and sharp enough to cut without any difficulty. Also, the safety guard comes along that keeps that pink part of your pet’s nails from cutting. For handling, the clipper uses an ergonomic design, so it comes easy to handle and does not promote slipping. The nail file that comes with the package works to smoothen the nails of your pet, so he doesn’t get scratches anywhere or hurt anyone.
#6 Cat and Small Dog Nail Clipper
If you want a cost-effective solution to trim down those sharp nails of your pet, then this is a must-have. Its low cost with the great quality makes it a perfect piece for pet owners. So whether it is your dog or cat or any other little pie, you can always buy it using the given link to Amazon. The blade is made of Stainless Steel with the right amount of sharpness so even the beginners can use it on their pets. Also, it doesn’t come with any nail file as it is set at a low price so you can buy that separately.
#5 JW Pet Company GripSoft Cat Nail Clipper
By: JW Pet
If you are a cat owner and want to buy a nail clipper especially for the cat, then this piece comes as a great choice. This clipper is individually made for cats by taking care of their nails shape and size. It offers you the right-sized blade, so you cut only the nail and not the sensitive pink part of your cat. Its low price and great quality make it a worth purchasing nail clipper. The handling is slip-free, so you can hold it well while trimming. You can use it on any breed of the cat, and it gives perfect results every time.
#4 Pet Nail Clippers for Small Animals
By: Shiny Pet
Again, a product that not just fits well with your fingers but promotes the eco-friendliness as well. The blade comes as angled so you can place it on those tiny nails easily and cut it in just no time without giving any pain to your pet. The clipper is a universal one that means you can use it for any pet like puppy, rabbit, birds, cat, etc. also, you don’t have to worry if it is your first trimming meeting with your pet because it comes with an eBook containing all the instructions.
#3 Gonicc Dog Nail Clippers and Trimmer
A perfect looking and ergonomically improved nail trimmer that can be used for all your pets. This one comes as a sturdy product that will serve you for long and the non-slip design makes it a charm to hold and trim nails. The lightweight improves comfort while the stainless steel provides the blade a high quality and sharpness. It comes with a lock and unlocks mechanism, so you don’t have to worry about children using it. Also, it comes with the Safety stop that lets you cut only the nail part and not the pink part that contains blood.
#2 Pet Republique Professional Dog Nail Clippers with Optional Filer
By: Pet Republique
The second best nail clipper that is professionally designed for your pet from cats to hamsters. So any pet with small breed can get a nail trimming. The clipper comes with a two years warranty and another amazing this is the 30 days money back scheme. The stainless steel blade ensures the sharpness and the durable material keeps all the parts together for years. All the instructions come at the back of the package, so you are not a beginner anymore. Also, the seller donates 15% of the profits to the society that rescues the animals.
#1 Safari 770045 Professional Nail Trimmer
By: Safari Pet Products
This green Safari nail clipper is manufactured especially for the dogs or puppies but you can always it as a nail trimmer for other pets too. The overall product is made of the finest material that includes stainless steel for the blade and a durable plastic material for the handle. The sharp edge remains for years even if you do regular grooming of your pet. The blade comes with a Safety stop, so you don’t cross the safety line, and it keeps your pet from any injury. Works like a professional nail trimmer that you can purchase in two different sizes.
Buying Guides For Cat Nail Clippers
Understand the different types of cat nail clipper before ordering one.
Types of Cat Nail Clippers
- Scissor-Type: It is the most common type of nail clippers for cats. They have much more maneuverability and they are more effective without causing any harm or pain. The cutting is appropriate without getting too deep and they do not have the splintering effect to cause any pain. You can have precise control over its operation and the nail cutting experience will be effortless for both of you.
- Guillotine-Style: If you want to do quick trimming of the nail, there is no better option than this. This is useful when your cat does not want to sit in one position for much longer and in such scenarios, you can cut nails one by one quickly. The handle is ergonomic and the grip is generally great.
- Plier-Style: This is basically a combination of the both of the above-mentioned ones. It has the blades as it is in a scissor-type and the handles are very much like guillotine-style. It is considered to be more effective than both of them. It actually depends on the users to choose from them as per his comfort factor. The cutting can be precise and clean.
Apart from these, the electric or battery operated clippers are getting popular but they can sometimes scare your cat and they can run away in fear. But they are safer than all the three mentioned types.
Parameters To Consider
After selecting the type that you want to buy, it is time to inspect the product category in greater details.
- Material: Most of the nail clippers for cats are made up of stainless steel. The reason is that the sharpness of the blades stays intact for a longer period of time. They are slightly more expensive than the other ones that are made up of alloys. Stainless steel blades can handle thick and long claws comfortably without causing any pain. It is better to buy them for higher durability.
- Quality: Quality refers to various parameters. The first parameter is the sharpness of the blades. The sharpness has to optimal so that the cutting can be easy and effortless. You need to make sure that the blades are extremely sharp. You need to look at the specifications of the features mentioned to find whether the clipper is suitable for small or large or both nail clipping. There are some that are not good for long nails as they are likely to cause pain and your cat can scratch you back. Quality also refers to the grip and other parts. The grip has to be soft and finger guard can be a bonus.
Apart from these, the size and the weight can be crucial as you are not a professional nail clipping service provider. The longer the better it will be for you to clip effortlessly. A locking blade feature is also welcoming to prevent deep cutting accidentally.
See this video to learn more on how to trim your cat nail like a pro
Rather than taking your cat to the professional service providers and trainers, you can cut its nails comfortably like a pro sitting in the comfort of your home with one of the above best cat nail clippers. This will save you money as well as future troubles that can occur from the grown nails like scratching furniture and walls, scratching human beings and other pets and get stuck due to curly claws.