A good bicycle tire pump will not only help you add pressure to the tire but also use lesser effort and time. This essential accessory is part-and-parcel of owning a bicycle and it’s important you choose the best. Failure to do so may mean you replacing faulty pumps every other day, using lots of effort to add a little volume, or even injuring yourself due to the accessory coming loose. You will discover different designs and types of pumps in the market. Some are meant for heavy-duty work, others for light applications, while some are very versatile. Without much further ado, let’s begin the countdown of the top X bicycle tire pumps in 2019.
- List of Top 9 Best Bicycle Tire Pumps in 2019
- #9 Bodyguard Mini Bike Pump, Presta and Schrader
- #8 Lumintrail 160 PSI High-Pressure Bike Floor Pump
- #7 Vibrelli Mini Bike Pump Plus Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
- #6 Pro Bike Tool Mini Bike Pump – Fits Schrader and Presta
- #5 Bike Pump with Gauge for Presta and Schrader
- #4 Filixar 160PSI Mini Portable Bike Pump, Grey
- #3 BV Ergonomic Bicycle Floor Pump with Smart Valve Head & Gauge, 160 PSI
- #2 Vibrelli Performance Bike Floor Pump plus Glueless Puncture Kit
- #1 AerGun Unique X-1000 Bike Pump
- Tips for Selecting the Best Bicycle Tire Pump
List of Top 9 Best Bicycle Tire Pumps in 2019
#9 Bodyguard Mini Bike Pump, Presta and Schrader
Coming from new hose design, this bicycle tire pump will make adding pressure to the bicycle tires and other accessories easy. It’s among the simplest in design and using it is a breeze. This solidly built unit is effective on different types of tires and can handle up to 260PSI. The high pressure, high volume pump comes with a leak free design to minimize loss of pressure and boasts of flexible hose for easy use. It measures 7.3 inches long and is very portable and can easily be stored or carried around. The versatile valve supports both Schrader and Presta and suits it for road, mountain, cruiser, and BMX bicycles.
#8 Lumintrail 160 PSI High-Pressure Bike Floor Pump
Adding air to your bike tires shouldn’t be a tiring process. You also don’t need lots of time to do it. With this stylish pump, you’ll be able to inflate any type of bicycle tires with ease. The unit delivers high pressure and high volume for fast and easy pumping and comes with a user-friendly design for easy handling. It’s made using strong materials for reliability and can support a pressure of 160PSI. The integrated gauge relays the readings in both BAR and PSI to suit different users. The 28-inch long hose offers easy reach to the valve.
#7 Vibrelli Mini Bike Pump Plus Glueless Puncture Repair Kit
Delivering a maximum pressure of 120 PSI, this bike tire pump is suitable for most bicycles. It works on touring, BMX, mountain, and road bicycles. The valve is compatible with both Schrader and Presta and is very easy to use courtesy of the good design. You don’t need to keep changing the valves to handle different tires. The small lightweight unit is very portable and can easily be stored in small places. Also included in the set is glue-less puncture kit.
#6 Pro Bike Tool Mini Bike Pump – Fits Schrader and Presta
By: Pro Bike Tool
This bicycle tire pump is fit for Schrader and Presta valves and will, therefore, work with most bicycles on the market. It is lightweight for easy handling and delivering good pressure and volume for maximum efficiency. The unit is only 7.3 inches long, weighs about 3.5 ounces, and can deliver as much as 120 psi 8.3 bars. The unit is made using the best technology and material and should handle the pressure and regular use pretty well. You can use it on mountain, BMX, and road bikes. It has a firm grip to prevent slippage and doesn’t rattle or leak.
#5 Bike Pump with Gauge for Presta and Schrader
By: Pro Bike Tool
This bike tire pump works with Presta and Schrader valves and can provide up to 120 PSI of pressure. The mini unit is revered for its quick pumping and easy operation. Within a short time, your BMX, Mountain or Road bike’s tires will be fully inflated. Although it’s a high-performance unit, its very light and using it is simple. It is 8.75 inches long and weighs approximately 4.5 ounces. Courtesy of the oversized piston, the pump works more effectively and requires lesser effort compared to other alternatives. The built-in pressure gauge helps you to keep an eye on the inflation.
#4 Filixar 160PSI Mini Portable Bike Pump, Grey
Inflating your bike tires won’t be a big deal when using this grey pump. Designed to handle pressure as high as 160PSI (11bar), this unit works relatively fast and doesn’t require lots of effort. It is perfect for Presta and Schrader units and includes a 360-degree rotating pivot for flexibility and pumping air even from awkward angles. Courtesy of the twin valve design, switching from Presta to Schrader and vice versa is simple and convenient. You don’t need adapters or reverse. You don’t need to worry about the unit breaking down or corroding since it’s made of aircraft grade aluminum alloy. The multi-function pump is also suitable for strollers, wheelchairs and exercise balls.
#3 BV Ergonomic Bicycle Floor Pump with Smart Valve Head & Gauge, 160 PSI
This bicycle tire pump makes inflating bicycle tires easy and effortless. It’s simple in design and is well built to handle various kinds of tires. The unit delivers up to 160PSI and is compatible with both Schrader and Presta valves. Switching between the valves is easy thanks to the twin valve design whereas the leak-free design prevents pressure loss. The extra large gauge provides accurate readings and is also easy to read. Cases of rust, corrosion, or breakage are in likely since the tire pump is made of a sturdy aluminum metal.
#2 Vibrelli Performance Bike Floor Pump plus Glueless Puncture Kit
Inflating your bike tires is convenient with this tire pump. It can handle up to 160 Psi and works with both Schrader and Presta. The Rapid-T valve makes switching from Schrader to Presta or vice versa easy. It requires little effort to deliver high pressure and high volume and is ideal for many types of works fast and effectively and is ergonomically styled for the best grip and optimum comfort. For easy reading of the pressure, it includes an integrated pressure gauge whereas the strong steel barrel guarantees a user of long life, reliability, and minimal breakdown. The included glue-less puncture kit comes handy during the emergencies.
#1 AerGun Unique X-1000 Bike Pump
The X-1000 constantly ranks among the best bicycle tire pumps. It comes in a stylish neon green color and handles up to 160 PSI. The unit is known for its fast pumping and minimal effort and will work with most bike tires in the market. It’s well built to handle the pressure, regular use, bangs, and is quite easy to use. The accessory will work well with Schrader and Presta valves and is thus suited for BMX, Road, and Mountain bikes. Other than adding pressure, the unit also removes excess air via the handy Pressure Release Valve.
Tips for Selecting the Best Bicycle Tire Pump
The following things should be thought about when hunting for a good bike tire pump:
- Pump Head: A good pump features a head that easily attaches to Schrader and Presta valves which are the most common. It will maintain a leak-free hold for quick and effortless pumping.
- Size: It should have the correct size. Neither too short nor too long. Using a very short pump can be a little inconveniencing whereas as storing or carrying a long one is not always easy.
- Stability: A good bicycle tire pump will maintain consistent pressure throughout. It will also feature a firm base to keep the unit steady during use.
- Durability: It’s advised to go for long-lasting pumps that will serve you for many years. Steel and aluminum alloy are the common materials of construction.
- Portability: A good pump will be compact and lightweight for easy carrying. It also won’t be too long that it takes up lots of space.
- Gauge: You should choose a unit with a clear and easy to read gauge. This prevents over or underinflating the tires. Small increments are better than larger ones.
- Inflation Speed: Top bicycle tire pumps inflate the tires faster than average or low-quality unit. The faster it is the lesser the time and effort required.
- Other: Other important factors include Accuracy, Comfort, Design, and Versatility.
There go the top 9 best bicycle tire pumps in the current market. To classify the units, we paid attention to the design, sturdiness, reliability, user-friendliness, safety, durability, and portability. It was also necessary to look at the construction quality, size, cost, and maintenance ease. The listed accessories are backed by encouraging reviews from experts and positive comments from consumers. Besides owning a good bicycle tire pump, acquiring any of the above units will offer you maximum contentment.