Any person serious about maintaining well-kept, elegant and smooth floors will invest in the best floor polishing machines. Some prefer calling them buffers, others scrubbers, while some call them swing machines or side by sides
Whichever the name, the main purpose is to polish, scrub, mob or buff the floor easily, quickly, and conveniently.A look at the current market shows that there are all kinds of machines. Some are suited for small spaces or residential applications while others are more heavy-duty and fit for commercial use as well. The reliability, speed, portability and effectiveness also vary from one machine to another.
To know the best of the best, we decided to compare the top types in the market. But, before we peruse at the top 10 best Floor Polishing Machines and Buffers in 2017, it’s helpful to know what features to look at during purchase.
Key Factors When Choosing
- Floor Type: the type of flooring material will determine the kind of polisher or buffer. Common types include hardwood, carpet, composite, tile, marble, and concrete.
- Size: 13, 17, and 20-inch are the common sizes. The larger the machine the more coverage it has. However, it may be a bit big or too cumbersome for smaller areas.
- Foot Traffic: an area that has high traffic will get dirtier, more scratched and fade faster than an area with low traffic. The kind of buffer used here needs to be more sturdy and heavy-duty since it will be used more often.
- Horsepower: Higher horsepower (HP) means a machine is more able to tackle even demanding surfaces such as concrete, carpeting, and hardwood. A 2HP machine is much better than a 1HP polisher.
- Speed: This ranges from 1000 to 2500 RPM. 1500 RPM is good enough to tackle most applications. However, a 2500RPM unit is faster and produces better shine. Some top types come with variable speed setting.
- Brand: It’s advisable to opt for well-known brands that have a good reputation and have been in the market for a while.
Best Floor Polishing Machines and Buffers in 2017
- 10. Kenmore 84973 Professional Floor Cleaner
- 9. Koblenz KBZP2500A Cleaning Machine
- 8. Elicto ES-200 Polisher and Spin Mop
- 7. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Floor Cleaner
- 6. Koblenz P-620A Upright Floor Polisher
- 5. Mercury L-17E Lo-Boy
- 4. Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Floor Machine
- 3. Koblenz RM-1715 Floor Machine
- 2. Karcher BR30/4 Floor Scrubber, Polisher & Drier
- 1. General Floorcraft KCD 17 Floor Polisher & Buffer
10. Kenmore 84973 Professional Floor Cleaner
The Kenmore 84973 Professional cleaner meets all your home and office needs. This powerful machine will easily and effortlessly restore your floor’s elegance. It is ideal for polishing dull surfaces, scrubbing dirty &stained floors, and shampooing carpets.
The strong chromed handle together with the 18-foot long cord gives it good coverage. You will find scrubbing brushes, shampoo brushes, lambs wool buffing pads, and tan polishing pads in the package. This machine is however not very suitable for hard scrubbing.
9. Koblenz KBZP2500A Cleaning Machine
Clean, polish, mop and shampoo your floor with this stylish polisher from Koblenz. It comes with a 4.2-amp motor that gets rids of dust, dirt, stains and other debris. At the same time, it leaves the surfaces super shiny thanks to the two-speed motor.
The built-in 120-oz tank offers adequate storage whereas the T-handle boosts maneuverability. Longevity and reliability are assured by the sturdy aluminum housing. Sadly, the motor isn’t very powerful hence not suited for heavy-duty usage.
8. Elicto ES-200 Polisher and Spin Mop
Shampooing, scrubbing, mopping and cleaning the floor is best done with this machine polisher. The Elicto ES-200 is engineered to work on wood, tiles, marble, carpet, stone, vinyl, laminates and other flours.
Its 3-in-1 mechanism allows it to polish, mop as well as a scrub. The stylish rechargeable machine includes 2 interchangeable pads, a long ergonomic handle, and weighs about 8 pounds. The unit is however not meant for heavy-duty application.
7. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Floor Cleaner
The Hoover FloorMate Deluxe may be what you need to turn your floor into shiny and smooth surfaces. It is designed for cleaning, mopping, and scrubbing vinyl, wood, stone, tile and grout. Its SpinScrub technology delivers excellent cleaning whereas the Dual Tank Technology separates clean and dirty water.
Cleaning in high traffic or dirty areas is made easier with the Clean Boost Control. For easy maneuverability and storage, it comes with an easy-to-fold handle. However, you may find it a bit heavy and this makes carrying a challenge.
6. Koblenz P-620A Upright Floor Polisher
The Koblenz P-620A polisher will not only eliminate dust, dirt and other debris but also leave your flooring shiny. It features a reliable 1300-watt motor that links to different types of cleaning, mopping, or buffing pads.
Its light weight of 6.6 pounds and T-handle makes moving it easy. This is boosted by the lengthy 19-ft cord and 6-ft hose. People, however, complain of the pads being a bit flimsy.
5. Mercury L-17E Lo-Boy
This floor machine should appeal to people looking for professional results in the easiest manner possible. It comes in a simple to handle and use design and is among the most silent types in the market. The 1.5 HP motor delivers ample power to polish, buff, wax and polish different floorings.
This is enhanced by the decent speed of 175 RPM and user-friendly 66-frame. The all-metal construction assures a use of reliability, durability, and efficiency. Several users nevertheless find it a bit heavy as it weighs 106 pounds.
4. Oreck Commercial ORB550MC Floor Machine
Rarely will you come across a top 10 list that misses the Oreck Commercial Orbiter? This commercial grade floor machine attracts many people because of its good engineering and user-friendly design.
It boasts of a strong motor that produces up to 175 RPM and cleans in a 13-inch path. It will clean, buff, polish, strip, scrub and sand with ease and doesn’t require too much effort. It’s fit for wood, stone, tile, marble, carpet and concrete among others.
3. Koblenz RM-1715 Floor Machine
Powered by a 1.5 HP motor and relying on 17-inch pads, the Koblenz floor machine is a good choice for residential and commercial usage. It comes with a long 150-foot power cord that allows for large coverage and a non-marking sealed ball for protecting your floor.
The unit is also very silent thanks to the vibration-free motor and quality design. Too bad the unit doesn’t come with pad drivers for those who want to wax the floor.
2. Karcher BR30/4 Floor Scrubber, Polisher & Drier
The Karcher BR30/4 is an all-rounded floor machine that polishes, scrubs, mops and also dries floors. This saves the user from having to invest in several machines. The versatile unit is suitable for stone, carpet, wood, tile and many other floor types.
Its strong points include 1450 RPM speed, fairly lightweight of less than 11kgs, quiet operation and large 4-liter water capacity. Its downside is that it doesn’t fit in spaces less than 10 inches.
1. General Floorcraft KCD 17 Floor Polisher & Buffer
This powerful floor machine by General Floorcraft is common in household and commercial settings. It’s loved for its good power that is provided by the 1.5-HP electric motor, ergonomic design that makes handling easy, and versatility in different floorings including concrete, stone, marble, tile, wood, carpet and more.
The unit’s speed of 175 RPM, 17-inch pads, and long cord allows it to work on an area as large as 2400 sq-ft within 30 minutes. It’s very durable thanks to the all-metal construction but is relatively heavy.
There you go – the top 10 best floor polishing machines and buffers that will make life much easier in 2017.
The featured accessories come from renowned brands, have a good reputation, and regularly receive positive reviews from consumers and analysts. Other than just ensuring your floor is clean, spic n span, the polishing machines, and buffers come with peace-of-mind.