Blu-ray players still remain the preferred choice for many people. Many love the crystal clear images and resolution that make movie watching more entertaining, others love their versatility that minimizes clutter in the room. Top brands will not only play Blu-Ray discs but DVDs, CDs, MP3/4 as well. And due to their many features and compatibility, this device can serve as your home entertainment unit.
Another thing people love Blu-ray players for is their small size, compact nature, portability and easy integration with other devices. But before we reveal the top 10 best Blu-Ray players in 2017, it’s helpful to know what features are important. This knowledge will save you from buying a wrong product or wasting time and effort.
- Versatility: A good player as mentioned earlier will play Blu-ray discs, DVDs, VCD, SVCD, and MP3/4. It also supports varied audio and video formats including 4K and 3D.
- Performance: the right device boasts a performance by offering fast loading. The boot time is also short as this allows a user to view a movie or hear sound almost instantly.
- Interface: The best Blu-Ray player comes with a user-friendly interface that makes scrolling down, starting, pausing, stopping, streaming easily. This applies to the player as well as remote control.
- Connectivity: To connect the player to the television, you need to have a cable. This may be an HDMI or component type. But before you select a product, it’s vital to ascertain if it comes with a cable that matches your device. Many also come with USB connectivity which is becoming standard.
Other important features include Internet connectivity, Wi-Fi support, Streaming Apps, and 3D and 4K Support.
Best Blu-Ray Players in 2017
- 10. Sony BDPS3700 Blu-Ray Player
- 9. Cambridge Audio CXU Black
- 8. Sony BDPS6700 Blu-Ray Disc Player (2016)
- 7. Samsung BD-J6300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
- 6. Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Player BDP-LX58
- 5. Panasonic DMP-BD70V Blu-ray Player
- 4. Sony Multi Zone Blu Ray Player
- 3. LG Electronics BP165 Blu-Ray Disc Player
- 2. Sony BDPSX910 Portable Blu-ray Player
- 1. OPPO Digital BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
10. Sony BDPS3700 Blu-Ray Player
This Blu-ray disc player from Sony seeks to make you more entertained. It comes in a sleek design that will complement your television, TV cabinet, home theater, and the room as well. The light unit delivers high-quality images courtesy of the Full HD 1080p.
And to ensure the sound is also top notch, the player features Dots-Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD. The Screen Mirroring technology allows you to view content on Android devices via your television. And did you know that it also supports Wi-Fi and can stream from more than 300 entertainment services?
9. Cambridge Audio CXU Black
The Cambridge Audio CXU Black is designed to provide quality movie watching. It plays 2D and 3D Blu-ray movies, DVD, DVD-A, HDCD, AVCHD, SACD, CD and Kodak Picture CD as well.
It supports 4K Upsampling scaling of DVD movies and relays the images in HD 1080p. The smart player comes with 7.1 channel RCA audio, Twin HDMI 1.4 video, and coaxial digital out.
8. Sony BDPS6700 Blu-Ray Disc Player (2016)
Released on 2016, the Sony BDPS6700 is one of the best Blu-Ray disk players in the market. Similar to its rivals, this unit not only plays 2D and 3D blue-ray movies but is also backward compatible and plays DVDs and CDs.
The smart player supports 4K upscaling for playing DVDs in High- Definition. It comes with dts-master Audio and Dolby for seamless and clear sound. The device also works with Internet services and apps including Hulu Plus, Netflix, YouTube, and Amazon Instant.
7. Samsung BD-J6300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
The Samsung BD-J6300 is undeniably one of the most-loved Blu-Ray players in the market. It was first launched in the market in 2015 and has maintained its popularity. The unit is very sleek and stylish and plays movies in near Ultra High Definition quality.
It relays top quality sound via 7.1 Channel Dolby/DTS Decoding and also allows web browsing. The built-in dual band Wi-Fi enables the player to stream shows and movies through services like Amazon, YouTube, Netflix, MGO and more.
6. Pioneer Blu-ray Disc Player BDP-LX58
Watching 2D and 3D Blu-ray movies in Full HD is possible with the Pioneer BDP-LX58 Blu-Ray Disc player. The compact player works with DVD-R/ + RW/ -RW / +R, CD and more.
It comes with the low center of gravity that makes it very silent during operation and “Precise Pixel Driver’ for providing the latest 4K video signal. The players also feature Jitter-less transmission and 4K Reference Converter Upscaling.
5. Panasonic DMP-BD70V Blu-ray Player
The Panasonic DMP-BD70V Blu-ray disc player combines modernity and the past. It addition to playing blue-ray discs, it also plays the VHS tapes. The multimedia player offers up-conversion of earlier media including VHS, CD, and DVD to Full HD quality.
It delivers audio via the 7.1-channel and bit-streams to enhance the sound quality. USB slot, SD memory card, streaming to internet services (Amazon, Hulu, Netflix, YouTube…) are the other features.
4. Sony Multi Zone Blu Ray Player
The Sony Multi Zone player works in any region of the world without any problems or needing any modification. It supports PAL/NTSC Playback in regions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and Zones A, B, and C.
The unit can access over 300 streaming services and apps giving you a better experience. Thanks to Dolby TrueHD and dts-Master Audio, the sound quality is exceptional.
3. LG Electronics BP165 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Watch movies in high definition, listen to a crystal-clear audio, and stream internet services using the BP 165 Blu-ray player. This device from LG Electronics is among the lightest and slimmest Blu-Ray players but offers good service.
It plays both Blu-Ray and DVD playback and delivers in Full HD 1080p. DVD Upscaling is done via the included HDMI cable and also comes with a USB 2.0 playback and multi-playback (DVD, CD, JPEG and MP).
2. Sony BDPSX910 Portable Blu-ray Player
If you want to watch high-quality Blu-Ray movies from anywhere, the Sony BDPSX910 is all you need. This portable device comes with a decent 9-inch wide LCD screen and relies on a rechargeable battery that runs for up to 4.5 hours nonstop.
It provides high-resolution images and can swivel up to 180 degrees. The player features a flip screen, HDMI output, and can wirelessly stream videos, photos, and music.
1. OPPO Digital BDP-103 Universal Disc Player
The OPPO Digital BDP-103 is our ‘crème de la crème’ Blu-ray disc player. Besides showing Blu-ray movies, this universal piece also plays SACD, DVD, DVD-Audio, VCD, CD, HDCD, MP4, AVCHD, MKV, and AVI.
It also offers 4K Up-conversion and 2D to 3D conversion. For a good sound experience, the player comes with dts-HD Master, 7.1 channels Analog and Dolby TrueHD. It is also compatible with YouTube, Netflix, Hulu Plus, Pandora, Vudu and more.
Watching high-definition movies and listening to quality audio isn’t difficult. All you need is selecting the right device. We have analyzed and summarized the top 10 best Blu-Ray players in 2017. The items are very similar in many respects.
One, they guarantee you of high-definition and crystal-clear images. Two, the sound quality is excellent and doesn’t suffer from noise interference. Three, the units are light, portable and can easily be placed in most areas. Four, connecting the players to other devices including television set; home theater or using the internet or W-Fi is straightforward. Five, the units have a friendly Interface and are compatible with other devices. Lastly, they are highly-rated and enjoy great reviews. This assures you of reliability and long life.